Search Health and Human Services

Children Family and Older Adults

15 of 60 Results

  • 2-1-1 Child Care Search Engine

    Connecticut's largest on-line listing of child care centers, child care providers and youth camps with the ability to search by location, hours of operation and accreditation.

    Agency: Connecticut Office of Early Childhood
  • Aging and Disability Resources Center

    Aging and Disability Resources Centers provide consumers of any age and ability with benefits counseling, person-centered planning to help identify available long and short term services and supports, application assistance and general information and assistance.

    Agency: State Department on Aging
  • Apply for WIC

    To apply for WIC benefits, call the closest WIC Office serving your area. Included is a listing of local agencies offices and eligibility requirements and WIC income guidelines.

    Agency: Department of Public Health
  • Birth Certificates

    Request a certified copy of a birth certificate issued by the State of Connecticut. You may request it either by mail, online via VitalChek. If you are requesting a birth certificate for someone other than yourself or your child, you will need to submit proof verifying your relationship to the person whose birth certificate you are requesting.

    Agency: Department of Public Health
  • Breastfeeding

    WIC supports Connecticut Mothers and families in Breastfeeding their children; the key to good health of mothers and babies, also has benefits for families, employers and the community in general. Find information on developing a plan to work and breastfeed and access to WIC nutritionists and peer counseling services.

    Agency: Department of Public Health
  • Care 4 Kids

    Care 4 Kids helps low-to-moderate-income families in Connecticut pay for child care costs.

    Agency: Connecticut Office of Early Childhood
  • Child Abuse and Neglect Definitions

    Official definitions are called for in the case of childhood neglect and abuse. A list of operational definitions of parties involved whether caretaker or child can be found here as can definition of what constitutes official emotional, sexual, physical abuse and examples of neglect.

    Agency: Department of Children and Families
  • Child Advocacy

    The Office of the Child Advocate assigns a Child Advocate to a child. The Child Advocate has the following rights and powers to: initiate or intervene in court cases on behalf of children, obtain access to any records necessary, subpoena witnesses, records and documents needed to carry out an investigation or review and communicate privately with a child in need of services of the Child Advocate.

    Agency: Office of the Child Advocate
  • Child Care and Youth Camp Licensing

    The Division of Licensing is responsible for the administration of child day care and youth camp licensing programs at the Office of Early Childhood. Family day care homes, group day care homes, child day care centers and youth camps are required to be licensed.

    Agency: Connecticut Office of Early Childhood
  • Child Development Infoline

    Child Development Infoline (CDI) is a specialized unit of the United Way of Connecticut. Ambassadors are there to assist parents and caregivers with questions or concerns about general childhood, challenging behaviors, disability and health related issues.

    Agency: Department of Children and Families
  • Child Support

    The mission of the Office of Child Support Services within the Connecticut Department of Social Services is to improve the well-being of children, promote the self-sufficiency of families, and deliver quality child support services, with recognition that to grow and thrive children require the financial, medical, and emotional support of both parents, regardless of their living situation or relationship.

    Agency: Department of Social Services
  • Child Support - Custodial Party Information

    There are generally three parties in a child support case: the child(ren), the custodial party and the non-custodial parent. The custodial party is the person who lives with the child and has primary responsibility for the care of the child. The non-custodial parent is often the child's father, although in some circumstances the child's mother can also be the non-custodial parent.

    Agency: Department of Social Services
  • Child Support - Non-Custodial Parent

    Parents have a responsibility to support their children financially. Obtaining child support is important to their well-being, and CT DSS can assist parties in obtaining a child support order. If a person does not already receive child support, the child’s parent, guardian, legal custodian, or the person with whom the child lives can contact CT DSS for assistance in obtaining an order for the payment of child support and health care coverage for the child(ren.)

    Agency: Department of Social Services
  • Children and Families Forms

    A list forms from the Department of Children and Families.

    Agency: Department of Children and Families
  • Children and Youth Activities

    A listing of educational and informative activities held across the state. Access Rocket 21, an app and social network where kids and teens connect with professionals to explore their interests, passions and dreams.

    Agency: Department of Children and Families