Business Management and Administration
Careers in the Business Management and Administration Career Cluster are dedicated to performing administrative and managerial processes vital to the success and ongoing existence of a business organization, regardless of the sector or industry in which the business resides or the product/service it provides.
On May 4, 2022 the Connecticut State Board of Education adopted the MBA Research Standards for the Career Clusters of Business Management & Administration, Finance, and Marketing. The MBA Research Standards reflect the importance of equipping students with the skills and knowledge needed for any career in business. The MBA Research standards are organized on the premise of starting broad and narrowing in specificity as the student progresses in their program of study. This ensures that students enter the workforce, college, or a career with an understanding of these core concepts.
- Access the Business Administration Core Standards which apply to all three Business-related Career Clusters: BAcore_all_Sept2020_w-LAPs.pdf (mbaresearch.org)
- Access the Business Management & Administration Career Cluster Standards and the associated Business Management & Administration Career Pathway Standards: BusinessMgtCluster_all_Sept2020_w-LAPs.pdf (mbaresearch.org)
- Learn about the MBA Research Approach to Entrepreneurship which integrates Entrepreneurship across all Career Clusters within the standards: Entrepreneurship Explanation
- MBA - Business Ethics Resources
- MBA - Project Management Resources
- MBA - Project Based Learning Resources
- MBA - Learning Activity Packages, lesson plans
- MBA – Webinars for teachers on accessing materials
- FBLA National: FBLA-PBL: Future Business Leaders of America-Phi Beta Lambda (fbla-pbl.org)
- FBLA CT: HOME | CT FBLA
- DECA National: DECA Inc. - DECA Inc
- DECA CT: CT DECA - Home | Facebook
See also Personal Finance as courses in Personal Finance or Financial Literacy can be listed appropriately in Programs of Study in the Business Management & Administration, Finance, or Marketing Career Clusters as part of a program of study.