Geographic Information Systems Advisory CouncilThis page is currently under construction and may contain incomplete or untested content. We appreciate your patience while we work to create an online presence for the new GIS Office.
AboutThe Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Advisory Council was established pursuant to Section 79 of Public Act 21-2 of the June 2021 Special Session. The GIS Advisory Council consults with the Geographic Information Officer (GIO) to establish goals on matters relating to:
- the coordination, procurement, processing, storage, and distribution of free and public GIS data; and
- the powers and duties of the GIO and the GIS Office as described in CGS Sec. 4d-90
The initial meeting of the GIS Advisory Council occurred on Thursday, March 31 at 8:30 AM EDT, conducted virtually via Microsoft Teams. A meeting agenda is available.
The second meeting of the GIS Advisory Council will be Tuesday, June 28 at 10:30 AM EDT, conducted virtually via Microsoft Teams. A meeting agenda is available.
The third meeting of the GIS Advisory Council will be Thursday, August 25, at 1:00 PM EDT, conducted virtually via Microsoft Teams. A meeting agenda is available.
A schedule of future meetings will be posted here once available.
The 14-member GIS Advisory Council consists of the following members or their designees:
- Geographic Information Officer
- Chief Data Officer
- One representative of the Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP)
- One representative of the Department of Transportation (DOT)
- One representative of the Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection (DESPP)
- One representative of the Department of Public Health (DPH)
- Two representatives of different regional councils of governments (COGs)
- Two representatives of different municipal governments
- One representative of the University of Connecticut (UConn)
- One representative of a public utility company
- Two representatives from different private companies, neither of which is a public utility company
|Scott Gaul||Chief Data Officer||OPM|
|Alfredo Herrera||Geographic Information Officer||OPM|
|Stuart DeLand||DEEP Representative||DEEP|
|Greg Ciparelli||DOT Representative||
|Dan Czaja||DESPP Representative||
|Gary Archambault||DPH Representative||DPH|
|Erik Snowden||COG Representative||CRCOG|
|Mark Hoover||COG Representative||MetroCOG|
|Thad Dymkowski||Municipal Representative||Town of South Windsor|
|John Guszkowski||Municipal Representative||CCM|
|Emily Wilson||UConn Representative||UConn|
|Peter Sampiere||Utility Company Representative||United Illuminating|
|Meghan McGaffin||Private Company Representative||SLR Consulting|
|Vacant||Private Company Representative|