Veterans Affairs Accepting Applications for Admissions to Skilled Nursing Facility, Respite Care & Residential Programs and Services. Find application here.

Office of Advocacy and Assistance

Assistance & Eligibility

Connecticut Department of Veterans Affairs Logo

The Office of Advocacy and Assistance's Veteran Service Officers help Connecticut veterans apply for U.S. Veterans Affairs Disability Compensation Claims, the Veterans Pension and Survivors Pension Benefit Programs and Dependency and Indemnity Compensation; all administered through the U.S. Veterans Affairs Benefits Administration (VBA).

Disability Compensation
A monthly, tax-free monetary benefit for veterans with a current illness or living with the residuals from an injury as a result of a disease or injury incurred or aggravated during active duty service. Compensation may also be paid for post-service disabilities presumed to be related to circumstances of military service, even though symptoms may arise after service. Follow this link for more information about the U.S. VA Disability Compensation.

Am I eligible for VA Disability? Find out your eligibility before filing.

Veterans Pension and Survivors Pension Benefit

The Veterans Pension and the Survivors Pension Benefit are needs-based programs. When found eligible, veterans or the surviving spouse, are awarded supplemental income through the U.S. VA.

Am I eligible for VA Veterans Pension or the Survivors Benefit? Find your eligibility before filing.

Dependency and Indemnity Compensation
If you are the surviving spouse, child, or parent of a service member who died in the line of duty, or the survivor of a veteran who died from a service-related injury or illness, you may be eligible for VA DIC.

Am I eligible for VA DIC? Find your eligibility before filing.