Lead Abatement Contractor License
The Lead Abatement Contractor License is for companies that perform lead hazard reduction by means of abatement. You must utilize Connecticut Department of Public Health certified lead abatement supervisors to oversee such lead abatement activities and certified lead abatement workers to perform such abatement activities.
Application for a Lead Abatement Contractor license is now done online - Instructions to apply for a license online
The following documents will need to be uploaded to the eLicensing system to complete your application. Please have these on the device you are using to apply for a license:
- Proof of filing of organization papers with the Connecticut Secretary of the State (SOTS). Your business must be registered with SOTS and have a business ID number.
- Secretary of the State of Connecticut- Forms
- A document indicating the number of personnel of each job category:
- For Lead Abatement Contractor - Lead Abatement Supervisor, Lead Abatement Worker, Other (e.g., Administrative)
- A list of equipment or an explanation for not owning equipment
- Copies of lead credential held in other states (if applicable)
- If you are a sole proprietor, then you are required to be credentialed as both a company and in the specific discipline that governs the service you provide (i.e. Lead Abatement Supervisor). Documentation must be provided.
Please review the General Licensing Policies.