Lead Abatement Contractor License
The Lead Abatement Contractor License is for companies that perform lead hazard reduction by means of abatement. You must utilize Connecticut Department of Public Health certified lead abatement supervisors to oversee such lead abatement activities and certified lead abatement workers to perform such abatement activities.
Application for the initial Lead Abatement Contractor license is now done online - Instructions to apply for a license online (Initial Application Only)
Please note: This online application is only to be completed for the INITIAL CT lead abatement contractor credential. For information on reinstatement of a lapsed credential, please visit the CT DPH Environmental Practitioner Licensing website..
The following documents will need to be uploaded to the eLicensing system to complete your application. Please have these on the device you are using to apply for a license:
- Proof of filing of organization papers with the Connecticut Secretary of the State (SOTS). Your business must be registered with SOTS and have a business ID number.
- Secretary of the State of Connecticut's Business Services Division - Forms
- A document indicating the number of personnel of each job category:
- For Lead Abatement Contractor - Lead Abatement Supervisor, Lead Abatement Worker, Other (e.g., Administrative)
- A list of equipment or an explanation for not owning equipment
- Copies of lead credential held in other states (if applicable)
- If you are a sole proprietor, then you are required to be credentialed as both a company and in the specific discipline that governs the service you provide (i.e. Lead Abatement Supervisor). Documentation must be provided. Be sure to attach a lead site supervisor’s current training certificate.
Please review the General Licensing Policies.