The Long Term 2 Enhanced Surface Water Treatment Rule (LT2ESWTR) was published in the Federal Register on January 5, 2006. The purpose of the LT2ESWTR is to improve public health protection through the control of microbial contaminants by focusing on systems with elevated Cryptosporidium risk. The LT2ESWTR applies to all public water systems (systems) that use surface water or ground water under the direct influence of surface water. There are approximately 82 systems in Connecticut that will be impacted by the LT2ESWTR. Thirty-seven (37) of these systems will be impacted by the early implementation activities of the LT2ESWTR.
The following documents and links are provided to help water system owners and operators understand their LT2ESWTR responsibilities:
- Connecticut LT2ESWTR PWS Implementation Schedules
- Connecticut LT2ESWTR Fact Sheet
- Connecticut Combined Distribution Systems
- LT2ESWTR Compliance Activity Flow Chart
- Long Term 2 Enhanced Surface Water Treatment Rule (EPA Website)
LT2ESWTR Reporting Forms