COVID-19 Community Levels Map Update, Nov. 18, 2022: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has listed Fairfield, Litchfield, Middlesex and New Haven Counties in the Medium/Yellow category as part of its COVID-19 Community Levels Map. Hartford, New London, Tolland and Windham Counties are currently listed in the Low/Green category. Visit the CDC COVID-19 Community Levels Map for updates.

Monkeypox: Please visit our monkeypox webpage for the latest updates.

Drinking Water Section - Freedom of Information Act

The Connecticut Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) allows the public to obtain records and attend meetings of all public agencies with certain exceptions. 

The Drinking Water Section receives and responds to many FOIA requests each year.  Specific laws that relate to accessing public water system records, effective July 1, 2017 can be accessed at:

Public Act 17-211 – An Act Concerning Access to Water Planning Information

The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) allows you to request DPH Drinking Water Section (DWS) records.  The process for making a DWS FOIA request is easy; fill out the DWS FOIA Request form and click the “Submit” button on the form.  You can also submit the form via email to or send by regular mail to:

CT Department of Public Health

Drinking Water Section

410 Capitol Avenue, MS #12DWS

Hartford, Connecticut  06134

DWS FOIA Request form (pdf fillable)

Connecticut Freedom of Information Commission

The mission of the Connecticut Freedom of Information Commission is “to administer and enforce the provisions of the Connecticut Freedom of Information Act, and to thereby ensure citizen access to the records and meetings of public agencies in the State of Connecticut.”

For additional information on the Connecticut Freedom of Information Commission, go to or contact the Commission by phone at (860) 566-5682 or email at