TIPS FOR FILING IF YOU ARE A SCHOOL BUS DRIVER 🚌
Thank you for getting our kids to school and home again safely! We appreciate all that you do.
Here’s what you need to know about ReEmployCT:
- If you are filing for unemployment benefits in the ReEmployCT system for the first time, you’ll need to create a new username and password. Don’t try to use your old information in the new system, it’s all new with ReEmployCT.
- Once you set up an account in ReEmployCT, you’ll file your Unemployment Claim for benefits. For every week you are unemployed, you will file your Weekly Certification.
- After you submit your claim, CTDOL will validate the information and begin working to get you your benefits.
This process takes about 10 days and is critical for verifying identity, preventing fraud, and ensuring employers are notified of your claim.
Fraud prevention protects Connecticut residents, employers, and the state’s Unemployment Trust Fund. The pandemic created significant opportunities for criminals and labor agencies around the nation have seen a major uptick in fraudulent applications. Working with our filers and employers, CTDOL has protected billions of dollars from being stolen. Visit our fraud page for more information.
Filers receive a Notice of Monetary Determination from CTDOL. Please note that CTDOL will never text information about your account, benefits, or verification. Do not click on text links; they are not sent from CTDOL.
You may receive benefits by direct deposit or debit card. Direct deposit is fastest and usually takes about 15 days from the time you filed. Any errors in your application will cause a payment delay so take your time answering the questions.
If you haven’t been paid within 21 days, please make an appointment with the Consumer Contact Center so we can help.
Still have questions?
I got locked out...
We’ve got you. The system will lock you out if there are incorrect password attempts—it’s protecting your account. Just fill out this form and we’ll get you back in.
I'm on strike. How do I file for unemployment?
Question 13 in your ReEmployCT application allows you to choose Strike/Lock Out as your reason for unemployment.
- Under the law, school bus drivers are not considered educational employees if they work for a private bus company and not a school. Avoid application delays and double check that you have answered that question correctly.
- To protect user security, ReEmployCT will lock your account if you enter the wrong username or password several times or if your information doesn’t match what we have in our records. If you get locked out, forget your password, or even forget to file for a week, go to www.FileCTUI.com for help. Many services are now online and don’t require an agent to assist.
The Consumer Contact Center is here for you. During high volume call times, the fastest way to get assistance is through the online scheduling feature at www.FileCTUI.com. You will schedule an appointment for a call back and one of our agents will contact you.
We do our best to get back to callers within the appointment time frame. Please do not make several appointments for calls; it means other users are not able to get assistance.