All customer facing DEEP services have returned to normal business operations. For detailed information on what this means, visit our “New Normal” website: DEEP New Normal Information

Hunting and Trapping Applications and Forms

Hunting and fishing licenses, stamps, and permits can be purchased 24/7 on the DEEP’s Online Outdoor Licensing System. These items can also be purchased at outdoor equipment retailers and some town halls (please check with your local town hall to find out about availability or any restrictions).

You can now (as of 7/1/2021) electronically sign your hunting and fishing license, which will allow you to keep a digitally signed copy on your smartphone instead of needing to have a signed printed copy!

The Wildlife Division’s Sessions Woods (Burlington; directions) and Franklin (North Franklin; directions) Field Offices and DEEP's Western District Headquarters (Harwinton; directions) are open for hunting and fishing license sales, Monday – Friday, from 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM. Face coverings must be worn by all visitors at all times when inside the buildings. No public restrooms are available inside the Sessions Woods and Franklin offices.

  • Please note that the Sessions Woods and Franklin Field Offices are not yet currently staffed to full capacity, although front office staff will be available for assistance during regular operating hours. As we work toward reopening these offices, some staff are in the field while others are still teleworking. The best way to reach staff is to call the Wildlife Division at 860-424-3011 or send an email to
  • License sales may be limited at DEEP’s Eastern District (Marlborough; 860-295-9523) and Marine District (Old Lyme; 860-434-6043) Headquarters at this time. Please check with one of the offices before you go. Face coverings must be worn by all visitors at all times when inside the buildings.

Other Wildlife and Hunting Related Publications and Forms: Deer and Turkey Program Summaries, Habitat and Wildlife Fact Sheets, Habitat Management publications, and more.

Private Land Consent Form Consent form needed when hunting deer or turkeys on private land.

  • All hunters are required to have landowner permission when hunting on private land.
  • Private land deer and turkey hunters must carry this private land consent form, signed and dated for the current season. This is required for both archery and firearms hunters.
  • You may have a landowner sign a dated consent form before you purchase your license and permits, but you must purchase all required licenses and permits before you hunt.
  • Landowners who allow, without fee, the recreational use of their property are protected from liability by Connecticut law (C.G.S. 52-557g).
  • Properties must be at least 10 acres in size for rifle or revolver use to be authorized.
  • Landowners must designate calendar year, seasons, and choice of hunting implements.
  • Where baiting of deer is permitted, it is strongly recommended that individuals consult with landowners prior to placing bait.
  • Photocopies of this form may be used, but to be valid, must have original signatures and dates.

Trappers - must obtain, and have in possession, the written permission of the landowner when trapping on their land. WRITTEN PERMISSION MUST BE RENEWED ANNUALLY. Trappers have the option to use an official DEEP form to obtain written permission.

2021 Deer/Turkey Harvest Tags -- Harvest tags and instructions for tagging and reporting deer and turkeys. 

Application for Deer Crop Damage Permits (Word Form / PDF): For commercial agriculturalists to obtain crop damage permits for reducing damage caused by deer when the firearms deer hunting seasons are closed.

Crop Damage Harvest Tags Harvest Tags and instructions for tagging and reporting deer harvested with crop damage permits.

Permit Application for State Land Trapping (Word Form / PDF): Application for trappers to obtain a trapping permit on selected state-owned land.

Links to all DEEP Licenses and Permits

Content last updated in July 2021.