Hunting Licenses and Permits

Hunting and fishing licenses, stamps, and permits can be purchased 24/7 on the DEEP’s Online Outdoor Licensing System. These items can also be purchased at outdoor equipment retailers and some town halls (please check with your local town hall to find out about availability or any restrictions). 

2024 Hunting License and Permit Information
Hunting and fishing licenses purchased through CT's Online Outdoor Licensing System are signed electronically at the time of purchase, allowing you to keep a digitally signed copy on your smartphone instead of needing to have a signed, printed copy! Licenses purchased through a license agent location must still be printed and signed to be valid. 

The Wildlife Division’s Sessions Woods (Burlington; directions) and Franklin (North Franklin; directions) Field Offices, Marine District Headquarters (Old Lyme; directions), and DEEP's Western District Headquarters (Watertown - at Black Rock State Park; get directions) are open for fishing and hunting license sales on Monday – Friday, from 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM (except holidays). DEEP’s Eastern District Headquarters (Marlborough; directions)  is open for license sales on Monday - Friday, from 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM.

Changes occurred to HIP permits purchased through third-party license vendors. Learn how the changes affect you. There are no changes if you purchase your HIP permit through DEEP's Online Outdoor Licensing System.  

Permit Applications and Forms

Links to all DEEP Permits and Licenses


Content last updated in April 2024.