Special Fishing EventsView a full schedule and register for fishing field trips on the *Fishing and Hunting Education Registration System*:
- In the "Filter by Event" box, select "Fishing Field Trip".
- Registration is limited to the first 35 people.
- Schedule shows fishing field trips for the next 60 days. Check back, more trips are added weekly!
- Email DEEP.LearnToFish@ct.gov with any questions/problems. Special Fishing Events are designed to increase your fishing skills and confidence with a positive first fishing experience. The CARE program is here to support you by offering three FREE fishing field trips per week from April through the end of August!
- Fishing field trips are designed for adults ages 16 and up, as well as families with children 8 years old and above. The CARE program will provide loaner fishing equipment, bait, and expert instruction.
- New to fishing? Take an Introduction to Fishing Course, now being offered via Zoom or take our online Introduction to Fishing Course at your own convenience and pace. This class is strongly recommended prior to the fishing field trip to prepare you with basic knowledge for beginning your fishing adventure!
- A Conservation Identification Number (CID) is required to register for all fishing field trips. Participants ages 16 and up must have a valid CT fishing license. Participants ages 15 and below must obtain a free CID before registering for a fishing field trip by getting a YOUth Fishing Passport or creating an account in the Online Licensing System (directions here).
- Note: Fishing field trip participants under the age of 16 must have a parent or legal guardian present for the entirety of the event
- Bring your own fishing equipment or borrow ours
- Chair (folding, sports or camping) for sitting
- Cooler with ice if you plan to keep fish you catch
Please contact the CARE Program with any questions at DEEP.firstname.lastname@example.org
Content last updated July 2021.