Electric Bicycle (E-Bike) Incentive Program
E-Bike Request for Proposals
DEEP released a request for proposals on November 8, 2022 to eligible contractors for the development of a statewide E-Bike Incentive Program. Once selected, the program project design will be developed by early January and the program will launch in late winter/early Spring 2023.
E-Bike Request for InformationDEEP issued a Request for Information (RFI) to obtain data and feedback necessary to design and implement an E-bike incentive program. The response period closed on July 27, 2022. The collected E-Bike RFI responses and a summary of the responses are provided below:
E-Bike Public Listening SessionDEEP held a public listening session on July 21, 2022 via Zoom. At the listening session DEEP provided brief introductory remarks and heard from stakeholders on recommendations on the design of Connecticut's E-bike program. The listening session presentation and recording are available at the links below:
Per the Act, any such rebate and/or voucher must be:
- at least $500
- limited to an eligible E-bike with an MSRP of $3,000 or less
- designed to maximize the air quality benefits associated with the deployment of E-bikes and
- prioritize providing vouchers to residents of:
- environmental justice (EJ) communities,
- residents having household incomes at or below three hundred percent of the federal poverty level, and residents who participate in certain state and federal assistance programs (LMI).
- How Can E-bike Purchase Incentives Grow the E-bike Market?
- E-bike Incentive Programs in North America: New Online Tracker
Content last updated November 8, 2022.