Elevator Work License
Journeypersons must have successfully completed and apprenticeship program or equivalent experience. Contractors must have served as a journeyperson or equivalent experience.
- Apprenticeship Completion Letter or for those seeking consideration of equivalent experience and training signed notarized statements from occupational related employers detailing dates and duties of employment totaling a minimum of 8,000 hours and proof of equivalent trade-related education authored by a professional educator qualified to offer such analysis. A list of the Connecticut Apprenticeship required courses. Detailed information on the these required courses can be obtained by contacting the Department of Education.
Copy of the respective journeyperson license that has been held for a minimum of two years or documented evidence of equivalent experience and training subject to Board review and approval.
Applications, Forms & Other:
- Crane and Conveyor Contractor Candidate Information Bulletin & Application
- Crane and Conveyor Journeyperson Candidate Information Bulletin & Application
- Residential Stair Lift License Application
- Residential Stair Lift Apprentice Trainee Registration
- Residential Stair Lift Technician Statutes/Regulations
The $150.00 initial license fee will be due after the successful completion of the examination.
The $120.00 initial license fee will be due after the successful completion of the examination.
- Elevator License Types and Scope of Work
- Elevator Installation, Repair and Maintenance Work Examining Board