Elevator Work License
- What license type do I need? Review the scope of work for available license types to determine what best covers the services you intend to provide.
- Every individual applicant must take an exam(s) – Please note: Separate fees will be due to the exam vendor at time of exam registration.
- Connecticut does not have reciprocal agreements with any other jurisdiction.
- Only individuals can apply, company applications are not accepted.
- The Department does not pre-approve or review applications before submission.
- Application fee for contractor is $150.00 (Non-Refundable).
- Application fee for journeyperson is $90.00 (Non-Refundable).
For License Type RSL - Residential Stair Lift Technician:
- or Residential Stair Lift License Paper Application
- Residential Stair Lift Apprentice Trainee Registration
- Residential Stair Lift Technician Statutes/Regulations
*Note: There is no examination for this license type. Application and renewal fees can be found by clicking "Residential Stair Lift Technician Statutes/Regulations"
All elevator work licenses expire annually on August 31st. Renewal Fee: Contractor $150.00; Journeyperson $120.00