Product Safety and Bedding
The Department of Consumer Protection enforces many safety regulations for toys, children’s articles and upholstered items sold in Connecticut to ensure that hazardous products are not sold. Staff inspect local stores and will recall unsafe or mislabeled toys, upholstered furniture, pillows and children’s items. The agency works closely with the Consumer Product Safety Commission in Washington, DC.
Contact us at DCP.ProductSafety@ct.gov or by phone at (860)713-6160.
Especially for consumers:
- Lists of Toxic Substances that should not be in children's products
- Fact sheet: For Kid's Sake -- Selecting Safe Toys for Children
- Fact Sheet: Product Safety is for Everyone
- Recall Information
- Lead-Related Product Recalls
Product safety and licensing:
- Overview of Department of Consumer Protection Toy Standards and Enforcement
- Fact Sheet: 2009 Changes to Child Product Safety Laws
- Consumer Product Safety Commission -- The Consumer Product Safety Commission is the lead government agency responsible for identifying and removing unsafe products from the marketplace.