Request for and/or Release of Records

The Connecticut Military Department is the custodian of historical military personnel records for retired and discharged members of the Connecticut Air & Army National Guard. If you are a FORMER member of the Connecticut National Guard, click the link below for the Connecticut Military Department to request a copy of your records.

If you are a CURRENT member of the Connecticut National Guard, you must request your records through your unit administration section. Please contact your chain of command.

FORMER members of other branches and components of the US Armed Forces (Army, Air Force, Navy & Marine Corps – Active & Reserves), need to contact the National Archives to request copies of their military records. The link below will provide you the information you need.

Agencies and organizations requesting verification of employment with the Connecticut National Guard must contact the CTNG Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) office at 860-493-2761.

In addition to the Military Department maintaining historical military records, the Connecticut State Library also maintains an extensive collection of military records from the Connecticut National Guard.  Click their link below for more information.

CTMD Record Requests

National Archives

CT State Library