UniteCT Helps Renters With Heat Utilities

UniteCT provides rental and electricity assistance to Connecticut renters facing financial hardship due to COVID-19.

Who Qualifies

Applicants are eligible for help from UniteCT if their household income is at or below 80% of the HUD’s AMI (area mean income)

About UniteCT

UniteCT was established by Governor Lamont. The program is administered by DOH (Department of Housing) on behalf of the United States Treasury.

So far, UniteCT has issued more than $18M to Connecticut residents in need, providing a model for other states.

How to Apply?

Renters can apply for UniteCT assistance through their municipal electric company or their electric utility company.

How Much Will You Receive?

UniteCT provides up to $1500 for electricity expenses. There are also additional programs that can help supplement the amount provided.

  • Connecticut Energy Assistance Program (CEAP) - provides payments for heating utilities
  • New Start Program - forgives past due amounts if monthly payments have been made on time
  • Matching Payment Program - matches can reduce monthly payment amounts as low as $50