What rules can a municipality put in place?

Read time: 6 minutes

Public Act 21-1 provides municipalities with a variety of rights when it comes to Adult-Use Cannabis. Municipalities where there are licensed Adult-Use Cannabis establishments will be able to collect certain tax, municipalities may make zoning updates, and more. 

Municipalities are encouraged to review this detailed guidance from the Office of Policy Management.

Zoning and Municipalities