Coverage Verification Service
The Coverage Verification Service (CVS) enables you to quickly see whether or not a business operating in the State of Connecticut has workers’ compensation insurance coverage, and to access basic details of an employer's policy coverage.
Depending on the web browser you are using, clicking this link to access our Coverage Verification Service will either open a second browser window that will appear on top of your present browser window or open a new tab within your web browser.
When you are done searching for insurance information, you can simply close that second browser window or tab and you will still have the regular Workers’ Compensation Commission agency website available to you in your present browser window.
When searching, please:
- confirm the spelling of the insured’s name
- note that certain words are ignored (such as ‘an’, ‘or’, and ‘the’);
a complete list of such ignored words is available in the CVS HELP section
- note that certain special characters are ignored
such as hyphens, commas, slashes, and other punctuation marks
- remember that additional tips and helpful suggestions to help your search yield an accurate result are available in the CVS HELP section
CVS provides information for:
(1) employers that have bought a workers’ compensation insurance policy
(2) employers (both parent companies and their subsidiaries) that have obtained approval from the Workers’ Compensation Commission to self-insure their workers’ compensation liabilities.
This information is based on the National Council on Compensation Insurance (NCCI) database, developed from insurance policy information reported to the Workers’ Compensation Commission through its agent, NCCI.
If you have questions about this or any other workers’ compensation-related matter, you may call the Commission’s Education Services unit at 1-800-223-WORK (in CT only) or (860) 493-1500.