The Office of the Secretary of the State is developing reference and instructional materials for state agency users of the Connecticut eRegulations System.
eRegulations Division Phone: 860-509-6099, Email: Eregs.Support@ct.gov
Regulation Writing and Adoption
- The LCO Manual for Drafting Regulations provides content, structure and style standards for regulations. Agencies must comply with its requirements.
Regulation Adoption Laws and Committee Rules
Agency users having no prior experience in adopting regulations can use the following resources to become more familiar with the process.
- Governor's Executive Order -#37 concerning review of proposed regulations by the Office of Policy and Management and the Office of the Governor
Chapter 54 of the Connecticut General Statutes -the Uniform Administrative Procedure Act including the regulation adoption process
Rules of the Legislative Regulations Review Committee -rules that govern submission of regulations to the committee for review
- Legislative Regulations Review Committee web page (contact the Committee Administrator for more information as necessary)
Steps in the Regulation-Making Process
Agency users with no prior experience adopting regulations, or those seeking more information, can use the following resources to become more familiar with steps in the regulation-making process.
- Notifying Committees of Cognizance (summarizes Chapter 54 requirements and eRegs email notice functions)
- Giving Public Notice (summarizes requirements for public notice and links to public notice forms)
- The "Response to Comments" Document (general information concerning the statements required by CGS Sec. 4-168(e) when an agency receives comments on its proposed regulation)
Case Manager (ICM) Instructions
Additional Materials will be added as they become available.