The Business Services Division maintains the business registry for the State of Connecticut. The purpose of the business registry is to provide an accurate public record of all business entities transacting business in the state. The Division also records financing statements filed under the Uniform Commercial Code and other personal property liens. Business.ct.gov Are you starting a new business in CT? Try out the new business checklist tool. In a few simple steps, you'll have a personalized checklist that will guide you through the entire startup process.
Due to COVID-19, we strongly encourage you to file UCC and Business documents online via CONCORD. All Division staff will be working remotely, so processing times for mail and fax filings will be significantly delayed. Most online filings, including all UCC filings, are accepted automatically. Online filings that require review are being processed as soon as possible.
EXPEDITED FILINGS: Expedited service resumes June 1, 2020, modified as follows:
- All expedited requests must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with "expedited" in the subject
- Expedited requests will be filled by 4PM the following business day
- Expedited returns will continue to be by mail, unless specific alternative arrangements are made with the filer
* To request a pick-up mailbox at our building, email email@example.com
- Annual Reports
- Certificates of Legal Existence (Good Standing)
- Forms and Fees
- Dissolution (Closing a Business)
- Search for a Business
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Administrative Dissolution Notices
- Trade Names (D/B/A or Sole Proprietorship)
NOTE to all employers: Your first payment to the CT Paid Leave fund is now due. Sign in to your CT.gov account and use the convenient CTPL payment portal now.
Uniform Commercial Code (UCC)
Notary Public (Home Page)
- Notary Search (link to eLicense website)
Choose "Notary Public" from the license type field to limit your search to notaries public only
- Notary Roster (link to eLicense website)
Use this feature to generate a table of all active or inactive notaries public in the state