OverviewThe Connecticut Summative Assessment system includes the following assessments:
- The Connecticut Smarter Balanced Assessment for students in Grades 3 through 8.
- The Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) assessment for students in Grades 5, 8, and 11.
- The Connecticut SAT School Day for students in Grade 11.
- The Connecticut Alternate Assessment System:
- Connecticut Alternate Assessment (CTAA) for English Language Arts and Mathematics in Grades 3 through 8 and 11, and
- Connecticut Alternate Science (CTAS) Assessment in Grades 5, 8, and 11.
- The English Language Proficiency assessment (LAS Links) in Grades K - 12 for English learners.
- The Connecticut Physical Fitness Assessment in Grades 4, 6, 8, and high school.
- The Kindergarten Entrance Inventory is administered to kindergarten students.
2021 - 22 Assessment Calendar
|Content Areas (s)||Assessment||Grade (s)||Testing Window|
|English Language Proficiency: Speaking, Listening, Reading, and Writing||LAS Links||K-12||January 3–March 4, 2022|
|English Language Arts (ELA) & Mathematics||Connecticut Smarter Balanced||3–8||March 28–June 3, 2022|
|Connecticut SAT School Day||11||Primary Test Dates: March 23 - 25 and 29 - 30, 2022 Makeup Dates: April 26 - 28, 2022|
|Connecticut Alternate Assessment (CTAA)||3–8 and 11||March 28–June 3, 2022|
|Science||NGSS Assessment||5, 8, and 11||February 7–June 3, 2022 (Grade 11) March 28–June 3, 2022 (Grades 5 - 8)|
|Connecticut Alternate Science Assessment (CTAS)||5, 8, and 11||March 28–June 3, 2022
|Physical Fitness||Connecticut Physical Fitness Assessment||4, 6, 8, and high school||Anytime during the school year|
|Language skills, Literacy skills, Numeracy skills, Physical/Motor skills, Creative/Aesthetic skills, and Personal/Social skills||Kindergarten Entrance Inventory||kindergarten||
Snapshot Date: 10/18/2021 Submission Due Date: 12/09/2021
2020 - 21 Resources
- Next Generation Accountability System
- Sensible Assessment Practices Webinar Series - This webinar series, consisting of short, topic-specific focal areas, was developed to support district administrators and teachers in preparation for this school year 2020-21. Sessions complement the Sensible Assessment Practices document and embed key information contained in the guiding documents, Adapt, Advance, Achieve: Connecticut’s Plan to Learn and Grow Together, and Plan for Re-imagining Connecticut Classrooms for Continuous Learning.
Assessment Policy Overview
- 2020-21 - Connecticut's Summative Assessment System - Assessment Policy Overview - This resource outlines the general policies of the Connecticut State Department of Education for all state summative assessments that are administered to Connecticut public school students.
Public Assessment Results
- 2020 - 21 Public Assessment Results
- Public results for state summative assessments can be found on EdSight
Secure Assessment Results (Parents/Guardians: Please contact your local district for information on individual student results.)
- Smarter Balanced Results: Secure Student Results (via CRS)
- Connecticut SAT School Day: Student Score Portal
- Alternate Assessment System Results (CTAA and CTAS): Secure Student Results (via CRS)
- LAS Links: Secure Students Results (via DRC Secure Site)