The Connecticut Summative Assessment system includes the following assessments:
- The Connecticut Smarter Balanced Assessment for students in Grades 3 through 8.
- The Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) assessment for students in Grades 5, 8 and 11.
- The Connecticut SAT School Day for students in Grade 11.
- The Connecticut Alternate Assessment System:
- Connecticut Alternate Assessment (CTAA) for English Language Arts and Mathematics in Grades 3 through 8 and 11, and
- Connecticut Alternate Science (CTAS) Assessment in Grades 5, 8 and 11.
- The English Language Proficiency assessment (LAS Links) in Grades K - 12 for English learners.
- The Connecticut Physical Fitness Assessment in Grades 4, 6, 8 and high school.
- The Kindergarten Entrance Inventory is administered to Kindergarten students.
|Content Area(s)||Assessment||Grade(s)||Testing Window|
|English Language Proficiency: Speaking, Listening, Reading, and Writing||LAS Links||K-12||January 2-March 6, 2020|
|English Language Arts (ELA) & Mathematics||Connecticut Smarter Balanced||3-8||March 23-June 5, 2020|
|Connecticut SAT School Day||11||
Primary Test Dates:
|Connecticut Alternate Assessment (CTAA)||3-8 and 11||March 23-June 5, 2020|
|Science||Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) Assessment||5, 8 and 11||February 3-June 5, 2020
March 23-June 5, 2020
(Grades 5 and 8)
|Connecticut Alternate Science Assessment (CTAS)||5, 8, and 11||Data Entry Interface Open: March 23-June 5, 2020
(Grades 5, 8 and 11)
|Physical Fitness||Connecticut Physical Fitness Assessment||4,6,8 and high school||Anytime during the school year|
Public Assessment Results
- Public results for state summative assessments can be found on EdSight
District Secure Assessment Results
- Smarter Balanced Results: Secure Student Results (via ORS)
Connecticut SAT School Day: Student Score Portal
Alternate Assessment System Results (CTAA and CTAS): Secure Student Results (via ORS)
LAS Links: Secure Students Results (via DRC Secure Site)