The Connecticut Summative Assessment system includes the following assessments:
- The Connecticut Smarter Balanced Assessment for students in Grades 3 through 8.
- The Next Generation Science Standards(NGSS) assessment for students in Grades 5, 8 and 11.
- The Connecticut SAT School Day for students in Grade 11.
- The Connecticut Alternate Assessment (CTAA) in Grades 3 through 8 and 11 and the Connecticut NGSS Alternate Assessment in Grades 5, 8 and 11 for students who may have significant cognitive disabilities.
- The English Language Proficiency assessment (LAS - Links) in Grades K - 12 for English learners.
- The Connecticut Physical Fitness Assessment in Grades 4, 6, 8 and high school.
- The Fall Kindergarten Entrance Inventory is administered to Kindergarten students.
|Content Area(s)||Assessment||Grade(s)||Testing Window|
|English Language Proficiency: Speaking, Listening, Reading, and Writing||LAS Links (Form D)||K-12||January 2-March 8, 2019|
|English Language Arts & Mathematics||Connecticut Smarter Balanced||3-8||March 25-June 7, 2019|
|Connecticut SAT School Day||11||
Primary Test Dates:
|Connecticut Alternate Assessment (CTAA)||3-8 and 11||March 25-June 7, 2019|
|Science||Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) Standard Assessment||5, 8 and 11||February 4-June 7, 2019
March 25-June 7, 2019
(Grades 5 and 8)
|Connecticut Alternate Science Assessment (CTAS)||5, 8, and 11||March 25-June 7, 2019 - Upload Window
(Grades 5, 8 and 11)
|Physical Fitness||Connecticut Physical Fitness Assessment||4,6,8 and high school||Anytime during the school year|