CT Annual Secondary Transition Symposium
My Goals, My Future, My Life!
The eighth annual symposium will take place over three Tuesdays and will be virtual again this year.
- Day 1: Tuesday, February 7, 2023 – 8:30 am to 12:30 pm
- Day 2: Tuesday, February 14, 2023 – 12:30 pm to 4:00 pm
- Day 3: Tuesday, February 28, 2023 – 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm
The CT Secondary Transition Symposium brings students and their families together with educators and other professionals to improve secondary transition programming and services for students with disabilities. The 8th Annual Symposium, with the theme of "My Goals, My Future, My Life!", will continue to build the capacity of educators and other professionals, in partnership with middle and high school students with disabilities and their families, to help ensure successful post-school outcomes.
Youth voice and leadership are vital! Please make plans to have your students attend.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Building Family Partnerships
- Navigating College
- Navigating the Workforce
- Self-Advocacy and Self Determination
- Collaborating with Adult Service Agencies
- Supporting Social/Emotional Learning (SEL)
- Transition Planning/Services in CT’S New IEP
- Legal Issues in Secondary Transition
Who Should Attend?
Parents/Families/Caregivers along with their Middle and/or High School Students with Disabilities, Transition Coordinators/Specialists, Special Education Teachers, Vocational/Career Teachers, School Administrators, and other Professionals
For more information, please contact Missy Wrigley, Consultant at the State Education Resource Center (SERC), by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.