Information for the Propane Industry
The documents on this page are available to assist propane operators that are subject to PURA jurisdiction. The Guidance Manual for Operators of LP Gas Systems , also known as the Small LP Operators Handbook, was developed to provide a broad overview of pipeline compliance responsibilities under federal pipeline safety regulations.
The LPG Operations, Maintenance and Emergency Plans document is a generic set of plans that can be tailored to fit any propane company. Redline versions showing the changes since the last version can be found here:
The following files are available to help any propane company create their Operator Qualification (OQ) program.
- Guidelines for Developing an Operator Qualification Program
- Operator Qualification Definitions
- LPG Operator Qualification Plan
The following files are available to help any propane company create their Distribution Integrity Management Plan (DIMP).
- Guidance for LPG Distribution Integrity Management Plans
- Distribution Integrity Management Plan
- Distribution Integrity Management Records
- Distribution Integrity Management Records - Sample
Content last updated May 2021