Information for the Propane Industry
The documents on this page are available to assist propane operators that
are subject to PURA jurisdiction.
Manual for Operators of LP Gas Systems , also known as the Small LP
Operators Handbook, was developed to provide a broad overview of pipeline
compliance responsibilities under federal pipeline safety regulations.
The LPG Operations, Maintenance and Emergency Plans document is a generic set of plans that can be tailored to fit any propane company. Redline versions showing the changes since the last version can be found here:
LPG Operations, Maintenance and Emergency Plans 2018 redline version
The following files are available to help any propane company create their Operator Qualification (OQ) program.
- Guidelines for Developing an Operator Qualification Program
- Operator Qualification Definitions
- LPG Operator Qualification Plan
The following files are available to help any propane company create their Distribution Integrity Management Plan (DIMP).
- Guidance for LPG Distribution Integrity Management Plans
- Distribution Integrity Management Plan
- Distribution Integrity Management Records
- Distribution Integrity Management Records - Sample
Content last updated March 2022