Page 2 of 13
Notice of Intent to Amend the Medicaid Waivers for Individual and Family Support and Comprehensive Supports
Notice of Intent to Amend the Medicaid Waivers for Individual and Family Support and Comprehensive Supports.
- 4/13/2021 Working Group on Diabetes and High Deductible Health Plans to meet on Thursday, April 15th from 11:00am – 12:30pm
- 2/23/2021 Notice for Public Review and Comment – Proposed Revision to FFY 2021 LIHEAP Block Grant Allocation Plan
- 2/1/2021 Substance Use Disorder Demonstration Waiver—Public Comment & Hearings
- 1/11/2021 The Department of Social Services will convene the first meeting of the Advisory Board for Transparency on Medicaid Cost and Quality on Tuesday, January 12, 2021, from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- 12/1/2020 Notice for Public Review and Comment - TANF Caseload Reduction Report FFY 2021
Summer EBT program to bolster food aid for children with new federal award to Connecticut
The Connecticut Department of Social Services, in collaboration with the State Department of Education, today announced that Connecticut has been selected by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) to run a Summer Electronic Benefit Transfer for Children program over the next three years in an effort to explore ways to alleviate hunger among low-income children during the summer. It is one of only four states and tribal nations approved for the program.
Notice for Public Review and Comment - TEMPORARY ASSISTANCE FOR NEEDY FAMILIES (TANF) STATE PLAN FFY 2021 - 2023
The State of Connecticut Department of Social Services has revised the State Plan for the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program to plan for federal fiscal years 2021 through 2023.
- 10/26/2020 Notice of Intent to Renew the Employment and Day Supports Medicaid Waiver
Social Services Block Grant (SSBG) Allocation Plan – Federal Fiscal Year 2021
The Social Services Block Grant is administered by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services through its administrative agency, the Administration for Children and Families, Office of Community Services. The Connecticut Department of Social Services is designated as the principal state agency for the allocation and administration of the Block Grant within the State of Connecticut. The block grant legislation gives the state significant discretion in providing a wide range of services. Please follow this link for copy of the Proposed FFY 2021 SSBG Allocation Plan. The committees of cognizance for the SSBG have scheduled an Informational Forum on Monday, September 21, 2020 at 1:00 p.m. regarding the SSBG allocation plan. To access the livestream of the virtual informational forum and committee meetings, please visit CT-N.com. The forum will also serve as the Department’s public hearing on this plan. Members of the public are encouraged to submit written comments. Comments should be emailed to the Committees in Word or PDF format as follows: Social Services: APPtestimony@cga.ct.gov and HStestimony@cga.ct.gov. Immediately following the informational forum, committee meetings will be held in accordance with CSG 4-28b to take action on the allocation plan. The committee meetings will be conducted via Zoom. To access the livestream of the virtual informational forum and committee meetings, please visit CT-N.com
- 8/25/2020 Updated 8/25/20 - Notice of Informational Forum/Public Hearing Regarding the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) and the Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) Allocation Plans
- 8/18/2020 Community Services Block Grant Allocation Plan – Federal Fiscal Year 2021 & Notice and Request for Comments on CSBG CARES Act Supplemental Award Amendment
- 5/28/2020 For latest news on the DSS Response to COVID-19, please visit www.ct.gov/dss/covid
- 5/27/2020 Attorney General Tong Announces $82,500 False Claims Settlement With Brookfield Dentist
- 5/19/2020 Insurance Commissioner Reminds All Insureds Are Eligible for ‘No-Cost’ COVID-19 Testing and Treatment