DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES
DEPARTMENT OF DEVELOPMENTAL SERVICES
NOTICE OF INTENT TO SEEK AMENDMENT OF MEDICAID WAIVERS FOR INDIVIDUAL AND FAMILY SUPPORT AND EMPLOYMENT AND DAY SUPPORTS
In accordance with the provisions of section 17b-8(c) of the Connecticut General Statutes, notice is hereby given that the Commissioner of Social Services intends to submit the following two applications to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (“CMS”), each to be effective October 1, 2018:
(1) Amendment of the Medicaid Waiver for Individual and Family Support;(2) Amendment of the Medicaid Waiver for Employment and Day Supports.
Both of the above-referenced waivers are operated by the Department of Developmental Services. The Department of Social Services and the Department of Developmental Services are proposing the following changes to these waivers:
(1) Increasing the individual cost cap for the Individual and Family Support waiver from $59,000 to $130,000;(2) Increasing the individual cost cap for the Employment and Day Supports waiver from $28,000 to $58,000;
(3) Adding Blended Supports as a service on both waivers. Blended Supports provide waiver participants an opportunity to enhance their community-based skills;
(4) Adding Customized Employment as a service on both waivers. Customized Employment promotes integrated work opportunities in order to maximize the skills for waiver participants;
(5) Adding Transitional Supports as a service on both waivers. Transitional Supports provide waiver participants an opportunity to develop skills and resources to enhance their opportunity for employment;
(6) Adding Training, Counseling and Support Services for Unpaid Caregivers as a service to the Employment and Day Supports Waiver. Training, Counseling and Support Services for Unpaid Caregivers provides unpaid caregivers an opportunity to access supports to provide the optimal care to their family members;
(7) Alignment of the Performance Measures across both waivers; and
(8) Technical and administrative clarifications requested by CMS.
No current enrollees will be negatively impacted by the changes in these applications.
Copies of the complete text of the waiver applications are available upon request from: Siobhan Morgan, Director of Medicaid Operations, DDS Central Office, 460 Capitol Avenue, Hartford, CT, 06106, or via email at Siobhan.Morgan@ct.gov. They are also available on the Department of Social Services’ website, www.ct.gov/dss, under “News and Press,” and the Department of Developmental Services’ website, www.ct.gov/dds, under “Latest News.” To access online copies, please follow this link.
All written comments regarding these applications must be submitted by June 14, 2018 to: Division of Waiver Services, DDS Central Office, 460 Capitol Avenue Hartford, Connecticut, 06106, Attention Siobhan Morgan, or via email at Siobhan.Morgan@ct.gov.