Connecticut's Electronic Death Registration System
What is CT-Vitals?
CT-Vitals is Connecticut's secure, web-based electronic death registration system. The system allows death data providers (funeral directors, medical certifiers, and local registrars) to electronically create, update, sign/certify, and register death certificates.
- improve timeliness in death reporting
- provide electronic workflow between the various data providers
- allow for multiple data providers to access and complete their portion of the death certificate
- improve disease tracking and reporting for public health surveillance and research
- minimize errors with online edits
- deliver real-time SSN verification with the Social Security Administration
- allow funeral directors to pay for and print a burial permit and cremation certificate and order death certificates online
- create an automated cremation authorization workflow
CT-Vitals Roll Out Process
Connecticut Department of Public Health Office of Vital Records intends to complete statewide roll out of the CT-Vitals System by mid-year 2021. A pilot of the CT-Vitals System was initiated in July 2020 in the city of New London. County by county expansion will begin December 2020.
How to Become a CT-Vitals User
To become a CT-Vitals user, you must attend a training session and complete a User Request Form. Virtual and online training videos are available through CT Train. Please reference the following user guides to create an account and access our training:
For further assistance you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org