POLICY ON MANAGING FINANCIAL CONFLICTS OF INTEREST IN FEDERALLY FUNDED RESEARCH
The Connecticut Department of Public Health (DPH) receives research funding from the US Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) Public Health Service (PHS). In order to comply with federal regulations1,2, DPH maintains and enforces a Policy on Managing Conflict of Interest in Federally-Funded Research. This Policy promotes objectivity in research by establishing standards that preserve the integrity of research undertaken in the Department of Public Health (DPH), and applies to all DPH staff participating in such research.
The policy document below, together with the Financial Conflicts of Interest (FCOI) Disclosure Form (Appendix A), comprise DPH's policy on financial conflicts of interest.
Appendix A: Financial Conflicts of Interest Disclosure Form
Appendix C: DPH FCOI Policy Declaration
All DPH staff participating in federally funded research must:
- Read the Policy Document;
- Undertake FCOI training as described in the Policy Document;
- Complete the FCOI Disclosure Form (Appendix A);
- Complete the DPH FCOI Policy Declaration (Appendix C); and
- Promptly and fully disclose any new Significant Financial Interests (SFI) within 30 days of discovering or acquiring the SFI.
Completed, signed FCOI forms (Appendices A and C), along with a copy of the FCOI training certificate should be submitted to the DPH FCOI Officer, Lou Gonsalves (email@example.com).