COVID-19 Vaccine Providers
The information on this webpage is intended for COVID-19 Vaccine Providers
This page contains the steps required to become a COVID-19 Vaccinator. We will continue to add information to this webpage as it becomes available.
Step One - Pre-registration for the intent to vaccinate
Pre-registration captures healthcare provider locations that intend to vaccinate and critical information about those locations needed to proceed to enrollment in the program. A site pre-registers by completing the survey. All individual clinics will need to complete a pre-registration form. The survey will remain open.
Pre-registration survey link: https://dphsubmissions.ct.gov/ClinicRegistration.
COVID-19 Vaccination Program Provider Agreement and Profile. This document is shared for informational purposes so potential enrollment sites can familiarize themselves with the federal legal requirements of the COVID-19 Vaccination Program.
Step Two - Onboarding to CT WIZ EHR or UI
Per the CDC Provider Agreement and Order issued by the Department of Public Health, all COVID-19 vaccine doses administered must be reported to CT WiZ, CT’s Immunization Information System, within 24 hours. Providers must decide whether to onboard with your clinic's Electronic Health Record (EHR) to report doses to CT WiZ or to report through the User Interface (UI). Please indicate your choice in the pre-registration survey under Step One.
- To begin the process of onboarding with your EHR, if you have not already done so, click here. Note: Once your EHR is onboarded, your doses administered will be reported to CT WiZ and your clinic will receive training on how to manage your inventory in CT WiZ.
- To report doses to CT WiZ in the UI visit our training webpage and sign up for a 'Direct Data Entry Training Webinar' date. Note: If you are also enrolled in the Connecticut Vaccine Provider (CVP), this UI training includes reporting both CVP and COVID-19 doses administered and managing your inventory all in one system!
- Click here for the paper data collection form on vaccine administration that can be used to enter patient information in the UI.
- Reminder: Post the Notice to Patients About Reporting to CT WiZ at your clinic to notify patients of their enrollment into CT WiZ at the time an immunization is administered.
COVID-19 Vaccination Reporting Data Systems (CDC). This webpage outlines the data systems for tracking and reporting of COVID-19 vaccine distribution and administration data.
COVID-19 CVX Codes and Crosswalks
Electronic Health Record (EHR) Vendors can keep their systems updated with the current vaccine codes by visiting https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/programs/iis/code-sets.html and subscribing to GET EMAIL UPDATES.
This page contains important information about how to complete your VaccineFinder registration after you have completed steps one-three above.
You must complete the requirements listed on this page to receive COVID-19 Vaccines. Other resources are listed, such as transport of vaccines, an emergency back up plan template, and more.
This page contains important information about how to order vaccines and clinical information and resources for vaccinators. We will continue to add information to this webpage as it becomes available.
Health Equity Resources for Providers
- Vaccine Equity for Racial and Ethnic Minority Groups (CDC)
- A Guide for Community Partners-Increasing COVID-19 Vaccine Uptake Among Racial and Ethnic Minority Communities (CDC)
- COVID-19 Vaccine Equity: Best Practices for Community and Faith Based Organizations Fact Sheet (CDC)
- Minority Health Social Vulnerability Index Explorer (CDC)
- Health Equity in Action (CDC)
- COVID-19 Vaccine Community Toolkit Vaccine Equity | NCHHSTP | CDC
- Advisory: Confronting Health Misinformation
- Vaccine Equity (World Health Organization Call to Action)
VAMS to CT WiZ Requests
Switch from using VAMS to report COVID-19 vaccine doses administered to using CT WiZ (data entry or EHR):
- The benefits of CT WiZ include:
- Your patient’s complete, consolidated record containing all shots received at providers across Connecticut is available to you for clinical decision support.
- Your patient’s complete, consolidated immunization record is available to them through the CT WiZ public portal, for self-service access. This means patients and parents of minors can access their records when needed for school, camp, travel, etc. online within minutes!
- Report to CT WiZ directly from your EHR and manage your vaccine inventory in one system.
- Run numerous reports, including reports to support inventory management and patient reminder recall, and more!
- Clinics can request the switch by submitting a helpdesk ticket and selecting Immunizations (CT WiZ) – Clinic Administration – VAMS to CT WiZ. Please include your PIN and expected date of the switch.
- DPH will schedule a call to review the process.
View the CoVP Communications page for recent communications sent to enrolled COVID-19 Vaccine Providers.
Have questions about information on this webpage? If you need additional support with the enrollment process, CT WiZ, or the Vaccine Administration Management System (VAMS), submit a request to our Helpdesk