COVID-19 Vaccine Providers
The information on this webpage is intended for COVID-19 Vaccine Providers
This page contains the steps required to become a COVID-19 Vaccinator. We will continue to add information to this webpage as it becomes available.
Step One - Pre-registration for the intent to vaccinate
Pre-registration captures healthcare provider locations that intend to vaccinate and critical information about those locations needed to proceed to enrollment in the program. A site pre-registers by completing the survey. All individual clinics will need to complete a pre-registration form. The survey will remain open.
Pre-registration survey link: https://dphsubmissions.ct.gov/ClinicRegistration.
COVID-19 Vaccination Program Provider Agreement and Profile. This document is shared for informational purposes so potential enrollment sites can familiarize themselves with the federal legal requirements of the COVID-19 Vaccination Program.
Step Two - Onboarding to CT WIZ EHR or UI
Per the CDC Provider Agreement and Order issued by the Department of Public Health, all COVID-19 vaccine doses administered must be reported to CT WiZ, CT’s Immunization Information System, within 24 hours. Providers must decide whether to onboard with your clinic's Electronic Health Record (EHR) to report doses to CT WiZ or to report through the User Interface (UI). You indicate your choice in the pre-registration survey under step one.
- To begin the process of onboarding with your EHR, if you have not already done so, click here.
- To use CT WiZ in the UI visit our training webpage and sign up for a direct data entry training date.
- Click here for the paper data collection form on vaccine administration that can be used to enter patient information in the UI.
- Current Vaccine Administration Management System users (VAMS) can visit the VAMS Training page to find user manuals, videos and register for upcoming training webinars.
- Reminder: Post the Notice to Patients About Reporting to CT WiZ at your clinic to notify patients of their enrollment into CT WiZ at the time an immunization is administered.
COVID-19 Vaccination Reporting Data Systems (CDC). This webpage outlines the data systems for tracking and reporting of COVID-19 vaccine distribution and administration data.
COVID-19 CVX Codes and Crosswalks
Electronic Health Record (EHR) Vendors can prepare now for the COVID-19 vaccines by visiting https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/programs/iis/code-sets.html for a downloadable table of the COVID-19 codes and subscribe by selecting CVX and select GET EMAIL UPDATES.
Step Four - VaccineFinder Registration
After enrollment, the primary coordinator will receive an invitation to register in VaccineFinder. VaccineFinder trainings and factsheet can be found here: https://vaccinefinder.org/cov.
You must complete the requirements listed on this page to receive COVID-19 Vaccines. Other resources are listed, such as transport of vaccines, an emergency back up plan template, and more.
This page contains important information about how to order vaccines and clinical information and resources for vaccinators. We will continue to add information to this webpage as it becomes available.
Health Equity Resources for Providers
- Vaccine Equity for Racial and Ethnic Minority Groups (CDC)
- A Guide for Community Partners-Increasing COVID-19 Vaccine Uptake Among Racial and Ethnic Minority Communities (CDC)
- COVID-19 Vaccine Equity: Best Practices for Community and Faith Based Organizations Fact Sheet (CDC)
- Minority Health Social Vulnerability Index Explorer (CDC)
- Health Equity in Action (CDC)
- COVID-19 Vaccine Community Toolkit Vaccine Equity | NCHHSTP | CDC
- Advisory: Confronting Health Misinformation
- Vaccine Equity (World Health Organization Call to Action)