Women's and Children's Services
Shelly Nolan, MS, LPC, Director of Women’s Services,
(860) 262-6605, Shelly.Nolan@ct.gov
Rebecca Petersen, LCSW
(860) 262-5985, Rebecca.Petersen@ct.gov
Siobhan Feliciano, LPC, LADC
Recovery Services for Women
In recognition of the unique experiences and challenges faced by women seeking treatment for substance use disorders, DMHAS funds specialized and comprehensive programs for women and their children.These include residential treatment, outpatient treatment, and specialized care management for women transitioning from a residential setting to community-based recovery services.
While programs are located statewide in many communities to allow a woman to remain “local”, she may also attend programs outside her immediate area, based on availability. The treatment programs are located in both urban and rural settings, thereby offering unique experiences, opportunities and features.
For more information about each program click on the links listed below. You may also call us for assistance.
Special Initiatives for Women
- CT Trauma Initiative
- Specialty Treatment Programs for Women & Children
- Women's Behavioral Health Services Program (Care Management)
- Women's Specialty Programs Brochure
- Women’s Treatment Services for Substance Use Disorders in CT
- LGBTQ Services
- CAPTA/Plan of Safe Care
- Women's REACH Program
Return to: Statewide Services