Transmittal of Documents
The Remediation Division, LUST Coordination Program, and PCB Program have created a multi-programmatic approach to assist in document submittal. The Remediation Division and LUST Coordination Program are now accepting all documents that don't require filing fees electronically through the Connecticut Secure File Transfer (SFT) website. Documents requiring a filing fee and documents for the PCB Program must be submitted in hardcopy, using the Hardcopy Document Transmittal Form.
Use of these forms will allow machine-reading and filing of documents, so it is important that the current forms are used. If you have saved previous versions of these transmittal forms on your computer, please delete them.
All electronic transmittals must have the Electronic Document Transmittal Form as the cover page of the document. Please do not submit a paper copy of an electronically submitted document. If a LUST document has been submitted through EZFile, do not submit it through SFT.
- 20 Day Spill Report (CAR)
- 45 Day Spill Report (CAR)
- Corrective Action Plan (CAP)
- Environmental Site Assessment (ESA)
- Free Product Removal Report (CAR)
- Groundwater Monitoring Report (GWMR)
- Operation & Maintenance Plan (RAR)
- Phase I Site Assessment Report (ESA)
- Phase II Investigation Report (ESA)
- Phase III Investigation Report (ESA)
- Remedial Action Plan (RAP)
- Remedial Action Report (RAR)
- Remedial Design Report (RAR)
- Site Characterization Report (ESA)
- Schedule (SCH)
- Scope of Work (SOW)
- Site Status Report (SSR)
- Soil Excavation Report (CAR)
- Subsurface Investigation Report (ESA)
- Supplemental Phase I Site Assessment Report (ESA)
- Supplemental Phase II Investigation Report (ESA)
- Supplemental Phase III Investigation Report (ESA)
- Tank Closure Assessment Report/UST Closure Report (CR) .
- Well Receptor Survey (SRS)
Remediation Program documents accepted through SFT:
- Annual Report
- Audit Response Document
- Completion of InvestigationReport
- Covenant Not to Sue
- ECO Checklist
- Ecological Risk Assessment or Sediment Submittal
- Environmental Condition Assessment Form
Environmental Land Use Restrictions
Financial Assurance Information
- Inspection Report
- Investigation Report
- Monitoring Report
- Notification Required by the RSRs
- Operation & Maintenance Plan
- Operation & Maintenance Report
- Phase 1 Report
- Phase 1 SOW
- Phase 2 Report
- Phase 2 SOW
- Phase 3 Report
- Phase 3 SOW
- Public Notice of RAP
- Receptor Survey
- Remedial Action Plan (RAP)
- Remedial Action Report (RAR)
- Remedial Design Report
- Request for Alternative Means of Demonstrating Compliance
- Request for Approval under the RSRs
- Request for Criteria for Additional Polluting Substances or Alternative Criteria
- Request for Engineered Control
- Request for Exemption from Volatilization Criteria by Demonstrating no Building can be Constructed
- Request for Indoor Air Monitoring Plan
- Request for Reuse of Polluted Soil
- Request for Schedule Extension
- Request for Variance Due to GW Technical Impracticability
- Request for Widespread Polluted Fill Variance
- SEH Additional Action Plan
- SEH Abatement Plan
- SEH Initial Action Report
- SEH Notification
- SEH Status Update: Drinking Water and Groundwater
- SEH Status Update: Soil
- SEH Supplemental Data Report
- SEH Well Inventory Report
- SLERA Risk Assessment Report
- Subsurface Investigation Report
- Summary Report
- Target Brownfield Remedy Checklist
- Verification 133y
- Verification – Final
- Verification – Interim
- Verification – Portion
- Verification – Portion Interim
- Verification – Release Area
- Verification – Supporting Form IV
Prior to uploading the electronic document:
- Email DEEP.email@example.com to obtain a login password.
This password will be used for all future uploads.
If at some point your password does not work, please email DEEP.firstname.lastname@example.org because the password may have changed for security purposes.
Complete the newest version of the Electronic Document Transmittal Form.
The Electronic Transmittal Form must be embedded as the first page of the electronic document prior to uploading.
Each electronic document must be named per the Electronic Transmittal Form’s specific instructions and saved as a PDF/A (except ELURs must be in Word).
Secure File Transfer (SFT) instructions:
- Go to the Connecticut Secure File Transfer (SFT) website (https://sft.ct.gov)
Enter username: deepcleanupdocuments (same for all users)
Enter password: (See step 1 above)
Browse for the document(s) to be uploaded. (Please confirm the transmittal form is embedded as the first page of each document and the file name is correct.)
Select the document(s) to be uploaded and then select Upload File.
If you experience problems with the SFT website or uploading a document, please view our Electronic Transmittal FAQs below or call 860-424-3705 for Remediation documents and 860-424-3376 for LUST documents.
Do not submit a paper copy if the document had been submitted electronically. The Hardcopy Document Transmittal Form must be used as a cover page for documents submitted in the following instances:
- If the document must be accompanied by a filing fee; or
- If the document pertains to the PCB Program.
Why do I need to email DEEP.email@example.com for a password?
By emailing DEEP.firstname.lastname@example.org, DEEP can maintain a list of all Remediation/LUST users of the SFT website. Occasionally, the SFT website may be down for maintenance, and DEEP may need to notify all users.
What if my password does not work?
DEEP may have changed the password for security purposes and another password can be obtained by emailing DEEP.email@example.com.
Note: This email address is only to be used to obtain a Remediation/LUST password for the SFT website. Questions sent to that email address will not receive a response.
How do I access these electronic documents once they are uploaded?
Once the documents are uploaded onto the SFT website, they are then indexed and transferred to DEEP FileNet. After DEEP staff indexes and transfers the documents, they will be available on the Document Online Search Portal and electronically through the terminals located in the DEEP File Room (see webpage for hours or operation)
How do I receive technical assistance for uploading a document?
For LUST uploads, please direct all questions to the LUST case manager for the site, email the LUST Program at DEEP.LUST@ct.gov, or call the LUST Program’s Main Line at (860) 424-3376.
For Remediation uploads, please direct all questions to the DEEP supervisor for the district in which your site is located Remediation Division Contacts.
Content last updated October 20, 2020