Transmittal of DocumentsThe Remediation Division, LUST Coordination Program, and PCB Program have created a multi-programmatic approach to assist in document submittal. The Remediation Division and LUST Coordination Program are now accepting all documents that don't require filing fees electronically through the Connecticut Secure File Transfer (SFT) website.
Documents for the PCB Program must be submitted in hardcopy, using the Hardcopy Document Transmittal Form. To submit documents related to residential heating UST removals and oil and documents related to chemical spill incidents that are not being submitted to the Remediation Division, LUST Coordination Program, and PCB Program please refer to the Instructions for Submitting Documents to the Emergency Response and Spill Prevention Division Emergency Response Unit.
New Procedures: All Remediation documents can be uploaded to the Connecticut Secure File Transfer (SFT) website except payments and payment transmittal forms. Include a copy of the payment transmittal form in the uploaded submittal. For permits, send a copy of the first page of the permit application with the fee.
Use of the Electronic and Hardcopy Transmittal Forms will allow machine-reading and filing of documents, so it is important that the current forms are used. If you have saved previous versions of these transmittal forms on your computer, please delete them.
All electronic transmittals must have the Electronic Document Transmittal Form as the cover page of the document and be saved as a PDF/A, except ELURs must be in Word. Please do not submit a paper copy of an electronically submitted document. If a LUST document has been submitted through EZFile, do not submit it through SFT.
All Remediation Program documents are accepted through SFT except payments and fee forms.
- 20 Day Spill Report (CAR)
- 45 Day Spill Report (CAR)
- Corrective Action Plan (CAP)
- Environmental Site Assessment (ESA)
- Free Product Removal Report (CAR)
- Groundwater Monitoring Report (GWMR)
- Operation & Maintenance Plan (RAR)
- Phase I Site Assessment Report (ESA)
- Phase II Investigation Report (ESA)
- Phase III Investigation Report (ESA)
- Remedial Action Plan (RAP)
- Remedial Action Report (RAR)
- Remedial Design Report (RAR)
- Site Characterization Report (ESA)
- Schedule (SCH)
- Scope of Work (SOW)
- Site Status Report (SSR)
- Soil Excavation Report (CAR)
- Subsurface Investigation Report (ESA)
- Supplemental Phase I Site Assessment Report (ESA)
- Supplemental Phase II Investigation Report (ESA)
- Supplemental Phase III Investigation Report (ESA)
- Tank Closure Assessment Report/UST Closure Report (CR) .
- Well Receptor Survey (SRS)
Prior to uploading the electronic document:
- Email DEEP.firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a login password.
This password will be used for all future uploads.
- If at some point your password does not work, please email DEEP.email@example.com because the password may have changed for security purposes.
- Complete the newest version of the
- Electronic Document Transmittal Form.
- The Electronic Transmittal Form must be embedded as the first page of the electronic document prior to uploading.
- Each electronic document must be named per the Electronic Transmittal Form’s specific instructions and saved as a PDF/A (except ELURs must be in Word).
Secure File Transfer (SFT) instructions:
- Go to the Connecticut Secure File Transfer (SFT) website (https://sft.ct.gov)
Enter username: deepcleanupdocuments (same for all users)
Enter password: (See step 1 above)
Browse for the document(s) to be uploaded. (Please confirm the transmittal form is embedded as the first page of each document and the file name is correct.)
Select the document(s) to be uploaded and then select Upload File.
If you experience problems with the SFT website or uploading a document, please view our Electronic Transmittal FAQs below or call 860-424-3705 for Remediation documents and 860-424-3376 for LUST documents.
Do not submit a paper copy if the document had been submitted electronically. The Hardcopy Document Transmittal Form must be used as a cover page for documents submitted to the PCB Program.
Why do I need to email DEEP.firstname.lastname@example.org for a password?
By emailing DEEP.email@example.com, DEEP can maintain a list of all Remediation/LUST users of the SFT website. Occasionally, the SFT website may be down for maintenance, and DEEP may need to notify all users.
Note: This email address is only to be used to obtain a Remediation/LUST password for the SFT website. Questions sent to that email address will not receive a response.
What if my password does not work?
DEEP may have changed the password for security purposes and another password can be obtained by emailing DEEP.firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not get an automatically generated response please contact Joanna.Burnham@ct.gov as there may be another issue with the credentials you are using.
How do I access these electronic documents once they are uploaded?
Once the documents are uploaded onto the SFT website, completed forms are then indexed and transferred to DEEP FileNet within 24-48 hours and will be available on the Document Online Search Portal and electronically through the terminals located in the DEEP File Room (see webpage for hours or operation).
What if my document is not on the public portal after 48 hours?
Using an outdated form (anything before September 4, 2020), missing information, or filling out the Electronic Transmittal Form incorrectly will cause a delay in uploading the document into the online search portal.
How do I receive technical assistance for uploading a document?
For LUST uploads, please direct all questions to the LUST case manager for the site, email the LUST Program at DEEP.LUST@ct.gov, or call the LUST Program’s Main Line at (860) 424-3376.
For Remediation uploads, please direct all questions to Joanna Burnham at Joanna.Burnham@ct.gov or 860-424-4163.
Content last updated July 16, 2021