Applicants should submit permit applications by hard copy, with required fees as indicated on the relevant forms, to the Central Permit Processing Unit (CPPU). Certain types of permit applications may be submitted electronically through ezFile. An electronic copy to the division to which the permit applies should also be submitted. The most up-to-date division and/or program emails can be found on our DEEP website or you can contact the division/program by phone to obtain submittal requirements.

Contact/Mailing Address

You can mail your completed forms to:

Central Permit Processing Unit
Department of Energy & Environmental Protection
79 Elm Street
Hartford, CT 06106-512

For additional assistance with any of application/registration, contact the Office of Innovative Partnerships and Planning at

Additionally, please see our COVID-19 page, which has detailed information about each bureau's permit application submittal procedures, including which permit applications may be submitted through our online services such as ezFile.