Meetings of the Working Group and Subcommittees are open to the public. Concept papers recommended by the subcommittees and issued by the Working Group will be posted on this webpage and be available for public comment. Stakeholders are being asked for feedback on many items and concepts.
Advice and Recommendations
Advice and Recommendations The Working Group has been charged with providing advice and recommendations for regulations to be proposed by DEEP to implement a release-based cleanup program. Advice and recommendations comes in many forms, including discussions during Working Group meetings and more formal documents from the Working Group (e.g., formal reports, Ad Hoc Team reports, Subcommittee Concept Papers, and others).
Subcommittee Process – Advice and RecommendationsFirst Phase Final Report - November 9, 2021
Second Phase Final Report - July 13, 2022
Regulatory Concept Feedback
- EPOC Comments regarding the SEH presentation at the October Working Group Meeting
- Environmental Attorneys' Comments regarding the SEH presentation at the October Working Group Meeting
- TAG Comments regarding the SEH presentation at the October Working Group Meeting
First-Phase Subcommittee Process Concept Papers
- Discovery of Historical Releases Concept Paper
- Reporting Newly-Discovered Historical Releases Concept Paper
- Characterization of a Discovered Historical Release Concept Paper
- Immediate Removal Actions Concept Paper
- Tiers Concept Paper
Second-Phase Subcommittee Process Concept Papers
- Modification of Clean-up Standards for Lower-Risk Releases Concept Paper
- LEP-Implemented Risk-Based Alternate Clean-up Standards Concept Paper
- Clean-up Completion Documentation, Verifications, and Audit Frequency and Timeframes Concept Paper
Transition Advisory Group ReportsTransition Advisory Group Recommendations - June 11, 2021
Transition Advisory Group Observations - October 12, 2021
Ad Hoc Teams Charges and Reports
- Releases on Residential Properties Report - October 19, 2021
- Historical Fill & Anthropogenic Background Report - October 7, 2021
Working Group Emails and Materials
DEEP will work to draft regulations incorporating the concepts identified. DECD and DEEP will continue to meet with the Working Group and when additional detail or discussion regarding a concept is needed, DEEP and DECD will work with the Working Group or subcommittees to obtain feedback, including additional detail or input on DEEP’s preferred approach.
DECD and DEEP continue to work in partnership with the Working Group and the public throughout this process and until the regulations implementing this program are adopted.
In addition, DECD and DEEP will continuously work with stakeholders groups to discuss and update the public on the status of this regulation adoption process. The Commissioners of DEEP and DECD will seek opportunities to engage with a broad array of stakeholders.
If you are interested in staying involved and up-to-date, please ensure that you are signed up for Remediation e-alerts so you can know when we post additional information on this topic.
Content Last Updated October 25, 2022