Pollution Prevention (P2)
Pollution Prevention (or P2) is preventing or minimizing pollution rather than controlling it once it is generated. The control approach has serious drawbacks, including high costs, increased liability and the risk of moving it from one place to another, such as from the air to the land or from the land to water.
Explore the topics below to find out how you can prevent pollution at home, work, school and more.
- About P2
- NEW! Chemical Management & Climate Resilience
- Green Lodging in CT
- Proper Medication Disposal
- Reducing Toxic Products at Home
- Avoid Chemicals on Your Lawn
- Sustainable Practices for the Lawn Care Industry
- What DEEP is doing to be a Green Agency
- Green Meetings & Trainings
- Product Stewardship
- Energy Efficiency & Alternative Fuels
- Climate Change
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
- Idling is Fuelish!
- Synthetic Microfiber Pollution
- P2 View Newsletter