Resource Assessment Pursuant to Executive Order Number 59
In accordance with the executive order signed by Governor Malloy on July 25, 2017, the Department of Energy and Environmental Protection and the Public Utilities Regulatory Authority will conduct an assessment to evaluate the current and projected economic viability of the Millstone nuclear generating facilities in order for the state to determine a path forward that best benefits the residents of Connecticut.
The assessment will include:
- A review of the current and projected economic viability of the Millstone nuclear generating facilities using best available information,
- The role of existing nuclear generating facilities, as well as large scale hydropower, demand reduction measures, energy storage, and emissions-free renewable energy, in helping Connecticut meet interim and long-term carbon and other emissions targets at the least cost and with the greatest net benefit to Connecticut ratepayers, while maintaining the reliability of Connecticut’s electric grid,
- The best mechanisms to ensure continued progress toward those targets, and considerations for whether and, if so, how such mechanisms, including potential multistate collaborations, should be implemented, and
- The compatibility of such mechanisms with competitive wholesale and retail electricity markets and their effect on ratepayers.
The findings of the assessment will be submitted to the Governor and the state legislature prior to the start of the 2018 regular session of the General Assembly.
April 30, 2018 - Notice of Close of Proceeding
April 4, 2018 - Notice of Request for Written Comments - At Risk Determination
February 2, 2018 - DEEP and PURA Release Final Resource Assessment, Appraisal, and Determination of Millstone Report
January 22, 2018 - Updated Time Schedule
January 22, 2018 - Notice of Request for Written Comments
January 22, 2018 - Draft Report and Determination
January 16, 2018 - Updated Time Schedule
December 20, 2017 Public Meeting Agenda
December 19, 2017 Public Meeting Agenda
December 14, 2017 - Draft Report and Resource Assessment
- Notice of Request for Comments - Draft Report and Resource Assessment
- Draft Report
- Resource Assessment on the Economic Viability of the Millstone Nuclear Generating Facilities
December 13, 2017 - Notice of Opportunity to Comment
December 7, 2017 - Response to Dominion's Motion for Protective Order
December 1, 2017 - Revised Time Schedule
December 1, 2017 - Notice of Public Meetings
November 22, 2017 - Revised Time Schedule
October 31, 2017 - Preliminary Progress Report to the Governor
August 29, 2017 - Notice of Final Scope of Study
August 29, 2017 - Response to Dominion Energy Services, Inc.'s Request for an Extension of Time
August 24, 2017 - Revised Time Schedule
August 24, 2017 - Data Requests for ISO New England, Inc.
Agenda for August 17, 2017 Public Meeting
August 15, 2017 - Data Requests for Dominion Energy, Inc.
August 9, 2017 - Notice of Request for Written Comments
August 9, 2017 - Notice of Public Meeting to be held August 17
August 4, 2017 - Press Release - DEEP Launches Resource Assessment in Response to Executive Order 59
Time Schedule for Docket 17-07-32
Notice of Proceeding - Docket No. 17-07-32 - DEEP and PURA Joint Proceeding to Implement the Governor's Executive Order Number 59
July 25, 2017 - Press Release - Gov. Malloy Signs Executive Order Directing a Resource Assessment to be Conducted on the Economic Viability of the Millstone Nuclear Generating Facilities