Vehicle Emissions TestingConnecticut's Inspection and Maintenance (I/M) Program is an important part of the strategy to ensure that Connecticut is positioned to attain the National Ambient Air Quality Standard for Ozone and provides a corollary benefit in particulate matter reduction. Connecticut's I/M Program, dating back to 1983, has a long history of effectively minimizing vehicle emissions and results in more emission reductions than any other state implemented air pollution control strategy. These emission reductions are an integral part of our air quality attainment efforts and are important as part of a balanced strategy that includes reductions from stationary, area, and mobile source sectors.
To implement the Connecticut Emissions Program, the State of Connecticut has combined the resources of the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) and Applus Technologies, the program administrator. DMV provides overall oversight of the emissions program; Applus Technologies provides overall program management, testing equipment and service, inspector training and motorist relations.
To search for your test date, test center, and find answers to all of your emissions testing questions, please visit ctemissions.com.
Periodic I/M Program Reports
As required by the Clean Air Act Amendments of 1990, DEEP and DMV coordinate to evaluate and provide periodic evaluations of its enhanced motor vehicle I/M Program. These reports are written and submitted to EPA in fulfillment of the requirement to provide annual I/M reports pursuant to 40 CFR 51.366.
- 2019 I/M Program Evaluation
- 2019 I/M Program Evaluation Appendices
- 2018 I/M Program Evaluation
- 2018 I/M Program Evaluation Appendices
- 2018 Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles Remote Sensing Report
- 2016 and 2017 I/M Program Evaluation
- 2016 I/M Program Evaluation
- 2016 Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles Remote Sensing Report
- 2014 and 2015 I/M Program Evaluation
- 2014 I/M Program Evaluation
- 2014 Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles Remote Sensing Report
- 2012 and 2013 I/M Program Evaluation
- 2012 I/M Program Evaluation
- 2010 and 2011 I/M Program Evaluation
- 2010 I/M Program Evaluation
- 2008 and 2009 I/M Program Evaluation
- 2008 I/M Program Evaluation
- 2006 and 2007 I/M Program Evaluation
- 2006 I/M Program Evaluation
- 2004 and 2005 I/M Program Evaluation
- 2001 and 2002 I/M Program Evaluation
Please contact us at DEEP.firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need further information.
Content last updated October 8, 2020