Timeline & Process
Program Timeline (dates are subject to change)
|Deadline||July 28, 2021 at 11:59pm|
|Review||July 30 - August 25, 2021|
|Funding Period||October 1, 2021 - April 30, 2022|
|Opens for Submissions||October 1, 2021|
|Deadline||December 1, 2021 at 11:59pm
|Review||Dec. 6, 2021 - Jan. 20, 2022|
|Funding Period||March 1 - September 30, 2022|
Applications will be randomly assigned to reviewers and independently reviewed and scored using COA’s e-granting system. Highest scoring applications will be reviewed further as part of a panel review process. Final funding recommendations are presented to the Connecticut Arts Council for approval.
The applicant considering a project that will successfully use the arts to respond to their community and will be an artist-centered activity that uses the arts to inspire, empower, educate, and transform our Connecticut communities.(15 points for each criteria noted below for a total of 60 points)
- Project Details: Is your project realistic and achievable?
- Social Issue & Artistic Merit: What is the likelihood of a compelling and successful community-based project using your artistic approach to address a social issue?
- Community & Audience: Has the community/audience been thoughtfully considered and what are the chances of successful arts engagement?
- Impact: Does your project demonstrate a strong ability to achieve impact for all involved (artist, partners, community, audience)?
- Artistic Excellence for a total of five (5) points.
- Applicants who live in a Distressed Municipality will receive one (1) additional point.
- Applicants who live in a CT Rural Town will receive one (1) additional point.
COA uses the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) definitions of Artistic Merit and Artistic Excellence as a guide in our review process.