Eligible Expenses - grant funds may be used for:
- Fees to other artists
- Artist fee expenses that occur before or after the designated funding period
- A complete list of ineligible expenses can be found in COA’s Grant Overview Guidelines
Additional Fiscal Information
- Artists Respond grants do not require a cash or in-kind match.
- Grant awards are contingent on available funds.
- Grant funds may only be expended during the funding period for eligible expenses.
- Where appropriate, grantees are required to credit COA/DECD in all print, audio, video, and publicity materials (press releases, brochures, advertisements, etc.)
- Grantees will be required to submit a final report within 30 days after the funding period or completion of project, if sooner.
Artists awarded an Artists Respond Grant will enter into a contract with the State of Connecticut and will be required to:
- supply proof of current Connecticut residency status.
- confirm compliance with program eligibility.
- complete a W9 with data reflecting the appropriate individual/entity for tax purposes. Please consult with your accountant or a tax advisor to determine if the grant is taxable income in your specific situation.