The date of your card's expiration will be on the front of your card. We do not send out reminders to get recertified, it is up to you whether you want to recertify or not.
Before your card expires, the registration system (https://biznet.ct.gov/dcp-mmrp ) will allow you and your physician, physician assistant or advanced practice registered nurse to begin the renewal process. The earliest a patient can be recertified is 30 days before the expiration date of the current registration. In large part, the renewal process will be similar to the process that you went through for your original registration. Recertified patients and caregivers will be issued new identification cards upon approval by the Program.
The following is what each person will need to do to complete the renewal:
Physician, physician assistant or advanced practice registered nurse:
- Confirm that the patient is under your care;
- Provide the date that you examined the patient for the recertification;
- Confirm that you still have a bona-fide patient/physician relationship;
- Complete the three certifications that are at the end of the form; and
Update any other information to the extent it has changed from the previous year (e.g. if you or the patient has a new address). This information will already be filled in and the Department will assume it is the same if you do not change it.
- Provide a photo ID;
- Provide proof that you still live in Connecticut;
- Complete the six certifications at the end;
- Pay a one hundred ($100.00) dollars registration fee (starting July 1, 2023, the state registration fee will no longer be required); and
- Update any other information to the extent it has changed from the previous year (e.g., you have a different address).
- Remember: Your physician, physician assistant or advanced practice registered nurse physician enters your medical and personal information, you need to inform him or her of any changes (eg: address, email address) during your visit.
- Before submitting your application, if any information is not correct, you need to contact the Medical Marijuana Program to make the corrections.
- If your name has changed, in addition to making sure your physician updates that information in his or her certification, you will need to provide the Department with an updated proof of identity.
- Provide a photo ID;
- Complete the five certifications at the end of the form; and
- Pay a twenty-five ($25.00) dollar the registration fee (starting July 1, 2023, the state registration fee will no longer be required).