Medical Marijuana Dispensary Technician
This registration is for an individual working within a dispensary facility assisting in the dispensing of the medical marijuana. No person shall act as a dispensary technician without being registered with the Department of Consumer Protection.
You must have had an active pharmacy technician registration in the State of Connecticut within the past five (5) years and is or was in good standing at the time their registration lapsed
You must have a position with a Connecticut licensed Medical Marijuana Dispensary Facility
You must be at least 18 years of age
Complete all sections of the online application
Applicants should be prepared to provide information/documentation for the following:
State and Local Licenses, Permits, and Registrations Held
Most Recent Employment Information
Dispensary Facility Information
Supervising Dispensary (Pharmacist) Information
Copy of a Valid US Government Issued ID
Passport-sized Photograph (see photo guidelines here)
The dispensary facility owner or manager must provide this office with documentation confirming your employment.
The department may request additional information, as necessary.
A determination will be made after the online application, fee, and all required documents have been received and reviewed by this office.
To access the online system, please visit https://www.elicense.ct.gov/. Log in using your existing account information assigned to your pharmacy technician registration. To access the online application, click “Initial Application” under Activities. If you do not have your log in information, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
- License, permit or registration type
- License, permit or registration number
- Email address
- Requesting User Id and Password
All fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Initial Fee - $50
Annual Renewal Fee - $50
- All dispensary technician registrations expire annually one year from the initial date of issuance.
- Each dispensary technician is required to submit a renewal application and fee to the department at least 45 days prior to the date the existing registration expires.
- If a renewal application is not filed prior to the registration’s expiration date, the registration will become void until the renewal application is approved.
- If a renewal application is not submitted within thirty calendar days of the registration’s expiration date, the applicant will be required to submit a new application.