Medical Marijuana Dispensary License
This license is for individuals who are qualified to acquire, possess, distribute and dispense marijuana. No person shall act as a dispensary without a license issued by the Department of Consumer Protection.
You must have an active pharmacist license in good standing issued by the Department of Consumer Protection.
You must have a position with a Connecticut licensed Medical Marijuana Dispensary Facility.
Complete all sections of the online application
Applicants should be prepared to provide information/documentation for the following:
State and Local Licenses, Permits, and Registrations Held
Most Recent Employment Information
Dispensary Facility Information
Copy of a Valid US Government Issued ID
- The dispensary facility owner must provide this office with documentation confirming your employment.
- The Department may request additional information, as necessary.
To access the online system, please visit https://www.elicense.ct.gov/. Log in using your existing account information assigned to your pharmacist license. To access the online application, click “Initial Application” under Activities. If you do not have your log in information, send an e-mail to email@example.com and include the following:
- License, permit or registration type
- License, permit or registration number
- Email address
- Requesting User Id and Password
All fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Initial Fee - $100
Annual Renewal Fee- $100
- All dispensary licenses expire annually one year from the initial date of issuance.
- Each dispensary is required to submit a renewal application and fee to the department at least 45 days prior to the date the existing license expires.
- If a renewal application is not filed prior to the license’s expiration date, the license will become void until the renewal application is approved.
- If a renewal application is not submitted within thirty calendar days of the license’s expiration date, the applicant will be required to submit a new application.
Please email DCP.MMP@ct.gov with any questions that you may have.