Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors Licensing
October 2019 PE Exam Results: Will be released on December 13, 2019
- Candidates who have passed the exam and have met all Connecticut requirements will receive an email from DCP1@CT.gov within the next three (3) weeks on how to obtain their initial license.
- For candidates who failed the October 2019 Principles & Practice of Engineering exam, you may register with NCEES.
- Register online with NCEES at www.ncees.org no later than February 20, 2020 (3:00 pm EST) for the April 2020 exam.
- Please check the NCEES website regarding all exam information and format changes to the exam.
- The Connecticut Land Surveyor (2 hour - exam) will be administered by PSI licensure: certification.
- You can contact them at www.psiexams.com or (800) 733- 9267. Please see the Candidate information Bulletin for all information.
- Please note that the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE), Fundamentals of Land Surveying (FS), the Principles & Practice of Engineering (PE) and the Principles & Practice of Land Surveying (PS) exams are administered by NCEES and approved candidates can register with NCEES at www.ncees.org.
FUNDAMENTALS OF ENGINEERING (FE) & FUNDAMENTALS OF LAND SURVEYING (FS) EXAMS:
- The FE and FS examinations are delivered in a computer-based format. The examinations will be offered in two-month testing windows four times a year.
- Candidates may only take the examination one time per testing window and no more than three times in a twelve month period.
- Connecticut has chosen the automatic model for approval, which is that examinees will be allowed to register directly with NCEES without prior approval by the Board.
- FE and FS candidates who would like to be certified in Connecticut may register with NCEES at www.ncees.org. Candidates will pay NCEES the examination fee and will schedule their examination in their NCEES account. Candidates will then take their examination at a Pearson VUE testing location. Candidates will be required to read the NCEES Examinee Guide at http://ncees.org/exams/cbt/examinee-guide/
- Upon receipt of a passing examination status you may apply with the Connecticut Board by obtaining an application at (www.ct.gov/dcp ) if you want to become certified as an engineer-in-training or surveyor-in-training. Please note that you must meet the Board’s requirements at the time of application.
- Please be advised that Connecticut will only verify exam information to other state boards for candidates who have completed an application with the Connecticut Board.
PRINCIPLES & PRACTICE OF ENGINEERING/ PRINCIPLES & PRACTICE OF LAND SURVEYING / CT 2-HOUR STATE EXAMS:
These exams require prior board approval before you can register with NCEES.
Applications may be obtained from our website at www.ct.gov/dcp .
You must meet the deadline dates for the Board to review and approve applications.
April 2020 exam - Deadline date for application 12/02/2019
October 2020 exam - Deadline date for application 07/02/2020
- Land Surveyor OR
- Land Surveyor-in-Training OR
- Land Surveying Corporation
- Professional Engineer OR
- NEW law change effective 2018
- Public Act 18-141 impacts the following professional engineering or land surveying businesses and imposes the following new ownership requirements:
- Limited liability companies (C.G.S. §34-243a) – Not less than two-thirds of the individual members shall be individually licensed, pursuant to CGS Chapter 391, and shall own not less than two-thirds of the voting interests.
- Professional corporations (C.G.S. §33-182a) – Not less than two-thirds of the owners shall be individually licensed, pursuant to CGS Chapter 391, and shall own not less than two-thirds of the voting stock of the corporation.
- Professional Engineer-in-Training OR
- Professional Engineering Corporation OR
- Professional Engineering Corporation-Revision
When applying to other boards use this link https://ncees.org/state-links/ for the listing of all boards.
When applying to Connecticut use the attached link. This link will pre-select the Connecticut board. https://ncees.org/engineering/#connecticut
- Laws and Regulations
- Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors Licensing Board
- Architectural Licensing Board
- National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (Provides examination information and study materials)