Janet E. Williams Humanitarian Award 2021 Nominees
Dr. Janet E. Williams served as the agency's Medical Director for several years prior to her passing.
She left a legacy of devoted and compassionate service to Connecticut's children and families.
Dr. Williams was also an active presence in her local community - utilizing her knowledge and skills to give back in unique ways.
In her honor, the Department has developed the Janet E. Williams Humanitarian Award.
Annually, the award is given to a DCF staff person who has demonstrated a strong passion for children and families, has shown an unyielding concern and has taken action towards the advancement and betterment of those on his or her caseload, or within the Black community.
The following is the list of nominees and a link to their individual write-up provided by their colleagues:
- Christopher Bidorini - Social Worker New Britain Office and 2021 Janet E. Williams Award Recipient: Mr. Bidorini
- Ann Adams - Director of the Office of Community Relations: Ms. Adams
- Elsie Aponte- Social Work Case Aide Bridgeport Office: Ms. Aponte
- Tawanda Ebron - Program Supervisor Norwalk Office: Ms. Ebron
- Anthony Gay - Social Work Supervisor Torrington Office: Mr. Gay
- Lorraine Thomas - Social Work Supervisor Norwich Office: Ms. Thomas
- Shante Powers-Gaskins - Clinical Social Work Associate Willimantic Office: Ms. Powers-Gaskin