Process and Instructions
- Determine if you are eligible for a Certificate of Employability.
- Read the Frequently Asked Questions section of the BOPP website.
- Obtain all documents outlined in the “Documents Required for Certificate of Employability Application” section above.
- Compile any additional documents you wish to include with your Certificate of Employability application. Please make sure documents don't have extensive formatting and special symbols.
- Ensure all documents you will be submitting with your Certificate of Employability Application are in one of the following formats: .jpeg, .pdf or .png.
- Apply for a Certificate of Employability by visiting the Board’s ePardons Portal below.
Once you begin your application, you will have six (6) months to complete it electronically.
Applications are processed continuously on a first-come, first-served basis. Due to the high volume of applications, applications will not be accepted in person.
You are expected to answer all questions on this application truthfully. The BOPP will be doing a thorough criminal background check on every person who applies for a BOPP-issued Certificate of Employability and will talk to your Probation/ Parole Officer. Please note that lying or leaving out any information asked for on this application can be grounds to deny your application.
If you do not disclose a conviction in your application and it is later discovered by the Pardons Board, after you have been granted a Certificate of Employability, your pardon may be revoked and you may be prosecuted for perjury.