FAQs for Active/Inactive Teachers

How do I initiate an Active Teacher Voluntary Account with CTRB?

As an active member of the Connecticut Teachers' Retirement System you may elect to contribute to a Voluntary Account via Payroll Deductions on an "after-tax basis" only.

All voluntary contributions deducted from payroll before the thirtieth of June will be first credited or charged with the investment rate of return on the thirtieth of June of the following year. Investment rate of return varies from year to year and may be positive or negative.

For additional information on this topic you should obtain the Voluntary Account Information bulletin.