FAQs for Active/Inactive Teachers

Under what circumstances may I apply for a refund of my contribution balances with CTRB?

You may apply for a refund of your contribution balances upon termination of your Connecticut public school teaching position.  You may not apply for a refund while on a leave of absence or borrow funds from your account.  When you withdraw your funds, you forfeit your right to any monthly benefit that you may be eligible to receive from this system.  If you have a minimum of 10 years of service, be sure to understand the amount of the potential benefit you will be forfeiting by withdrawing your funds.  For further information, obtain the Application for Withdrawal of Member's Deposits form.