FAQs for Active/Inactive Teachers

When can I pay for my additional service credit?

In accordance with Public Act No. 03-232, effective October 1, 2004, Additional Credited Service such as Military Service, Outside State Service, CT Substitute Service etc. may be purchased at any time prior to retirement.  If you were a member of this system in the past and withdrew your funds, you may purchase this prior Connecticut service by submitting the The prior Connecticut Teaching Service Buy Back Request Form at any time after you return to this system as an active member.  You may elect to pay the monthly mandatory contributions while on an approved current Leave of Absence for a total of ten (10) months during your career for any leave occurring on or after July 1, 1986.