Military and Overseas Voters

Military and Overseas voters can request an absentee ballot by using:

(1) The State of Connecticut’s Absentee Ballot Application.

(2) The Federal Post Card Application (FPCA). One FPCA will suffice for both primary and general election ballots for the year. When you receive your absentee ballot, cast your vote(s) and return the ballot without delay. To access voting assistance for service members, their families, and overseas citizens, visit, or click their logo below.

Federal Voting Assistance Program

Please be sure to note on either application your preferred method of ballot delivery (electronic or by standard mail). If you request a ballot to be sent electronically, please be sure to provide a valid e-mail address on your application. The Federal Write-in Absentee Ballot (FWAB) is a back-up ballot that can be used by Uniformed Services members on active duty, members of the merchant marine, and their spouses or dependents which applies to general elections for Federal offices. If you have applied for a regular ballot from your local election officials and do not receive your regular ballot in time, you may use the FWAB. Your FWAB must be received by your local voting officials in Connecticut no later than the close of polls on election day.

You should return your completed absentee ballot application to the municipal clerk in the town in which you are a registered voter in Connecticut. You can return your completed application by fax or e-mail as long as you return the original completed and signed application with your voted ballot by the close of the polls on Election or Primary day. Contact information for your municipal clerk can be located here. 

If you have returned your completed absentee ballot to your municipal clerk, you can check the status of the ballot here.