Office of Public Health Preparedness and Response
The DPH Office of Public Health Preparedness and Response (OPHPR) is responsible for the development and implementation of the state's public health emergency plan and initiatives. OPHPR promotes the health and safety of Connecticut by preparing the state against public health emergencies and ensuring the timely response of emergency countermeasures through local and state means while maintaining equal access to preparedness services for all communities.
The office ensures compliance with all state and federal mandates with respect to preparedness and response and coordinates department operations during emergencies. To support these activities, the office identifies and secures grants that strengthen the state's public health preparedness including administering the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Public Health Emergency Preparedness (PHEP), and the Hospital Preparedness Program (HPP) cooperative agreements.
Statewide public health and healthcare communications are coordinated by OPHPR in collaboration with the Connecticut Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection (DESPP), & Division of Emergency Management and Homeland Security (DEMHS). OPHPR also partners with DEMHS and the Military Department for the New England Disaster Training Center, a training facility that offers unique hands-on training focused on preparing civilian and military disaster responders.
For more information about OPHPR or preparedness activities in Connecticut, please contact us.
Preparedness in Connecticut
- Public Health Emergency Preparedness
- Project Public Health Ready
- CHEMPACK Program
- Hospital Preparedness Program
- Mobile Field Hospital
Plans & Reports
- 2019 Statewide Hazard Vulnerability Assessment
- 2022 Statewide Healthcare and Public Health Hazard Vulnerability Assessment/Jurisdiction Risk Assessment
Partner Resources for Preparedness
- Web EOC
- Cities Readiness Initiative
- Local Health Department Funding Guidance and Resources
- MCM-ORR Guidance and Templates
- Training and Exercises
- Circular Letter and Memos
How to Get Involved and Get Prepared
- Connecticut Medical Reserve Corps
- Personal Preparedness Guide (NEW!)
- Health Alert Network
- Ebola Preparedness Videos
For the latest information for the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) please click here.