Pharmacist License By Reciprocity/Transfer


This page provides information for individuals who are licensed as pharmacists in another state looking to obtain a pharmacist license by reciprocity/transfer to Connecticut.

  • Applicant must be licensed as a pharmacist in the United States and the state in which you reciprocate/transfer from must be licensed by examination
  • The pharmacist has practiced the profession of pharmacy for at least one year in any other state or jurisdiction within the last five years at the time of application or has been licensed by examination in an other state or jurisdiction within the previous twelve months. In lieu of the practice requirement, the commission may accept, in its discretion, equivalent experience as determined by the commission         
Required Documentation:
  • You must complete the Preliminary Application for Transfer of Licensure at the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy website:
Applications, Forms & Other:
           apply online
Application Fee:
  • National Association of Boards of Pharmacy Application fees see
  • State of Connecticut each Application fee is $200 
Mailing Address:

Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection

Commission of Pharmacy
450 Columbus Boulevard, Suite 801
Hartford, CT 06103
Email Address: