October 24, 2022 – Day One (12 Noon EDT)Keynote Speaker:
- Jigar Shah – Director, Loan Programs Office (LPO) at the U.S. Department of Energy.
- Andrew McCabe – Director of the Risk Management Division for the DOE’s LPO.
Jigar and Andrew will discuss how LPO’s projects address climate risk, how the LPO assesses climate risk, and the role of the insurance industry in managing climate risk and synergies with the LPO.
- Matthew Lesser, State Senator, Connecticut – Moderator
- Katie Dykes, DEEP Commissioner, Connecticut
- Ricardo Lara, Insurance Commissioner, California
- David Altmaier, Insurance Commissioner, Florida
- Whitney Welch, Grants Management Specialist with FEMA Region I
- Bryan Garcia, Connecticut Green Bank – Moderator
- Taryn Akiyama, Climate Finance, ESG and Sustainable Investment
- Kimberlee Cornett, Robert Woods Johnson Foundation
- Stewart Sarkozy-Banoczy, American Society of Adaptation Professionals
- Peter Caminiti, Acting Chief Underwriting Officer, Resilient Cities Zurich Initiative
- Carolyn Kousky, Environmental Defense Fund – Moderator
- Jonathan "Jake" Clark, Managing Director, Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC
- Theodora Makris, Center for NYC Neighborhoods
- Jacqueline Strasser Higgins, Head Public Sector Solutions NA, Swiss Re
- Andy Read, Global Head of Government Solutions, ICEYE Solutions